John Glenn vs Vinton County (Sweet 16)

Whs95fan
S

Re: John Glenn vs Vinton County (Sweet 16)

Post by Whs95fan »

Watch some conference tournys or go to this game tonight, hmm

Go Blue
X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

IMO JG big but will be rooting for vc

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
hateraid
Varsity

Post by hateraid »

Can this game be seen or heard on the internet?
Last edited by hateraid on Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

VC_jebro17
Waterboy

Post by VC_jebro17 »

Ok it is game day in the Regional Semi-Final which means Vinton County is one of the best 16 teams left playing. These young athletes have already made Vinton County proud, so all that speaks for its self. I know that they will not quit playing for the entire 4 quarters and I know for sure that I will be cheering for them no matter what circumstances. Go Vikings! #stunthemuskies #frythefish

Jebro_17
Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

CavalierAlum05 wrote:
Raider6309 wrote:Hitchens was from Zane Trace. There's no such thing as home grown talent the closer you get to state
false. but this is way off topic.

i will be rooting for VC in this one. but i dont see it!

Hitchens was from Chillicothe who played at CHS up to 8th grade, transferred to ZT and played as a freshman than went back to ZT with the coach. Just a different version of the same issue that is going around. He also hopped schools in college.

hateraid
Varsity

Post by hateraid »

I read on a different site that JG averages 40pts in the 1st Quarter alone on the year!! That is some serious scoring!! I bet they are a fun team to watch. Hope the Vikes can get out to a quick start and have them playing from behind. The fact that VC has already played 2 games in Athens should help a bit.

VCHoosier
Waterboy

Post by VCHoosier »

hateraid wrote:Can this game be seen or heard on the internet?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PpR1mbY9D ... e=youtu.be

Go Vikings!

hateraid
Varsity

Post by hateraid »

VCHoosier wrote:
hateraid wrote:Can this game be seen or heard on the internet?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PpR1mbY9D ... e=youtu.be

Go Vikings!
Awesome!! Thank you!!
Go Vikes!!!!

VCHoosier
Waterboy

Post by VCHoosier »

Very proud to represent VC in the Hoosier State today. This group has battled a ton of adversity this season and have really grown into a gritty team. I've gotten a chance to watch an unnecessary amount of JG games via YouTube and they are indeed impressive. However, I'll be interested to see how they handle the physicality VC will bring for 32 minutes, and the efficiency of their offense if VC takes care of the ball (making JG unable to score off turnovers.) The Muskies are certainly talented, but if that's all a team needed to win, March Madness wouldn't be much fun. Coach Combs will have this group as ready as they can possibly be.

In my opinion, here is how VC can do it:
(1) Take care of the basketball. Don't let a good team become great by giving them more possessions.
(2) Win the rebounding battle. (No 2nd chance opportunities for JG; crash the offensive boards) Defensive rebounding may be JG's biggest weakness.
(3) 2-3 guys need to shoot it well from the perimeter. Take advantage of JG's aggressiveness around the perimeter, beat 'em off the dribble and score it, or kick it to an open shooter.
(4) Probably the most important: Weather the storms. JG is going to go on a run at some point. Make sure that run never causes the score to get out of reach.

SkiPopLover
Riding the Bench

Post by SkiPopLover »

VCHoosier wrote:Very proud to represent VC in the Hoosier State today. This group has battled a ton of adversity this season and have really grown into a gritty team. I've gotten a chance to watch an unnecessary amount of JG games via YouTube and they are indeed impressive. However, I'll be interested to see how they handle the physicality VC will bring for 32 minutes, and the efficiency of their offense if VC takes care of the ball (making JG unable to score off turnovers.) The Muskies are certainly talented, but if that's all a team needed to win, March Madness wouldn't be much fun. Coach Combs will have this group as ready as they can possibly be.

In my opinion, here is how VC can do it:
(1) Take care of the basketball. Don't let a good team become great by giving them more possessions.
(2) Win the rebounding battle. (No 2nd chance opportunities for JG; crash the offensive boards) Defensive rebounding may be JG's biggest weakness.
(3) 2-3 guys need to shoot it well from the perimeter. Take advantage of JG's aggressiveness around the perimeter, beat 'em off the dribble and score it, or kick it to an open shooter.
(4) Probably the most important: Weather the storms. JG is going to go on a run at some point. Make sure that run never causes the score to get out of reach.
Very well said.

Bartoe, Jones and Albright have been a great trio to watch. People underestimate how basketball smart these kids truly are. They weren't born the most athletic kids. They had to make their athleticism via guts and determination with some guidance from John Lindner and Jason Prater.
I don't think anybody understands how annoying it is to play against somebody like Chase Wood. The kid is stronger than most grown men at 17/18 years old. He's also been amazing this tournament run. Especially since Sean Caudill can give him some more rest throughout the games. This VC team has been clicking and it's a beautiful thing to see. They're not scared of anybody.

We need Yates, Bartoe, Jones and Albright shooting well and not forcing any turnovers. Barnett and Montgomery need to play their roles and pester John Glenn's scorers with physical play. Wood and Caudill need to rebound. A lot. Help our guards get out in transition better.

I'm very excited to watch this game for multiple reasons: Seeing the entire county supporting a great group of kids. Watching John Glenn's talent. Also watching VC's grittiness making this game closer than anybody expects.

No matter who wins, I'm going to walk out of the Convo a proud Vinton County Alumni and extremely proud of those boys. These kids have brought back spirit to this community that I haven't seen in a couple years.

Brownies1
Freshman Team

Post by Brownies1 »

Will post updates again this week.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Have never seen such parking at the Convo SMH

Brownies1
Freshman Team

Post by Brownies1 »

Lots where filled before 6.

Brownies1
Freshman Team

Post by Brownies1 »

It's game time.

Brownies1
Freshman Team

Post by Brownies1 »

10-5 JG 4min to go

Brownies1
Freshman Team

Post by Brownies1 »

16-5 JG 2:55 to go. Vinton turnovers and fouls are hurting them bad.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Glenn looks a lot like defiance

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

It's like 25-9 John Glenn in the first.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

24-11 after 1

They are long and quick

Brownies1
Freshman Team

Post by Brownies1 »

24-11 end of one.

Return to “Boys Basketball”