West Union - Fairfield

AdamsCo82
Waterboy

West Union - Fairfield

Post by AdamsCo82 »

WU with a big win tonite, congrats boys you earned it. What a way to close a long season by finishing strong before tourney.

TAR HEEL FAN44
SE

Re: West Union - Fairfield

Post by TAR HEEL FAN44 »

Congrats to West Union. It is a good time of the year to be playing good basketball. Good luck in tournament.

AdamsCo82
Waterboy

Post by AdamsCo82 »

JV also played a really good game as well. How old was the bigger #24 kid from FF? Not sure why you play a kid that size on a JV team. He only had about 30

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

AdamsCo82 wrote:JV also played a really good game as well. How old was the bigger #24 kid from FF? Not sure why you play a kid that size on a JV team. He only had about 30
Who won the JV game?

thebull
Varsity

Post by thebull »

Fairfield

downtown95
Waterboy

Post by downtown95 »

Fairfield's JV went undefeated in the leauge. Fairfields tall boy is Ryan Bates, he is a sophomore. West Union's JV had two boys that were just as tall and 30 lbs bigger and the red head boy that was the same height. Why are they playing JV?

follower
Waterboy

Post by follower »

those boys play jv because they are all freshmen.

downtown95
Waterboy

Post by downtown95 »

Your logic doesn't make sense. If a sophomore is tall then they should be on varsity, but if a freshman is tall then it's all right for them to be on JV. Last time I checked freshmen could play varsity too. Bates does play both JV and sometimes a little varsity. He has had some games where he has dominated and some where he plays like a JV player. He could have had 40 last night considering he was fouled almost everytime he shot it.

follower
Waterboy

Post by follower »

I wasn't the one who made the previous comment. Honestly, I thought fairfield made a mistake by not holding him out in the jv game and playing him in the varsity. May have been a better outcome for their varsity team. As far as him being fouled every time. If you were there you would have known that the fouls were 9 to 1 in the second half. West Union were the ones who got the short end of the deal there.

FFHS84
Waterboy

Post by FFHS84 »

Thanks for the positive comments, our kids are the most important part. I love to watch these kids compete at all levels, I'm proud of all of them. But it's probally best to leave names and playing time out of public view. Thanks S Bates

BUCKEYE FAN 59
Waterboy

Post by BUCKEYE FAN 59 »

Congrats to the West Union Dragons on picking up the win vs. Fairfield. Go get another in the tournament vs Lynchburg-Clay Tuesday night, GO DRAGONS!!

Return to “Boys Basketball”