SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Waterford (9-5) @ Fort Frye (11-3) Feb 4th

Post by EasternDspy »

Rematch...Both teams on long winning streak

rickoshay
SEOP

Re: Waterford (9-5) @ Fort Frye (11-3) Feb 4th

Post by rickoshay »

Cadets should be in their comfort zone at The Fort, but it'll be a close one.

Phoenix
JV Team

Post by Phoenix »

i think waterford was a surprise for fort frye. they thought it would just be an easy win. i think the cadets win this one.

32, 16, 6
JV Team

Post by 32, 16, 6 »

The suprise is the three foot force field that surrounds the fort players. When another player nears the force field it sets off a whistle and the ref tells the scorekeeper of the villian who dare come near the force field.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

Waterford flies around the court and did a nice job of breaking down Fort Frye's half court defense in game 1. If they can play aggressively and avoid foul trouble like they did in the first game, this will be another dandy. Fort Frye had just come off a thrilling, hard fought win in Buckeye Trail the night before. I think they were flat and made some silly mistakes you don't normally see from a Fort Frye team. Waterford's confidence should be sky-high at this point, so The Cadets will need to be on top of their game to protect The Fort.

motox21
Waterboy

Post by motox21 »

After the way the Wildcats played against Miller on Tuesday, barely winning, I won't be surprised if they come in to The Fort and pull off another win, as long as Hilverding and Tate are hitting there shots early and Shriver shows up for the game then it should be interesting. They know if they can control the three pointers from the Cadets then they can stay in it. This will definitely a good one to watch. Although there is a history of the ref's being pretty biased over there.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

2 of Fort Frye's 3 losses are at home this year, so maybe the new AD doesn't know about those extra payouts we usually slip the refs ;)

IMO, Since most of the schools in the PVC joined the OVAC, officiating in the conference has improved immensely. When we play outside the OVAC, there can be a real noticible difference in game quality. I've heard Waterford talk about the notoriously bad refereeing in the TVC Hocking, so maybe you just aren't used to good referees calling fouls that wouldn't get a glance in your conference. You're going to have to adjust to a more tightly called game than you're used to.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

I don't even want to hear about the refs after last game between these to.If Fort Frye stays out of foul trouble they should win.Shot awful at Waterford and Smith barely saw the court due to foul trouble.Waterford just beat an awful Miller team by 4 points.

motox21
Waterboy

Post by motox21 »

Here we go again about the fouls when they played at Waterford. It's not our fault Smith isn't used to getting calle for obvious fouls. Also Waterford missed 26 foul shots against miller.  That was the worst game they played all year. They will be ready to play tomorrow, the boys are out to prove the first time wasn't a fluke.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

I just think its funny that Waterford people complain about refs at FF but everyone in the TVC that Waterfords the worst place in the league in terms of home cooking.Plus I think it was part of fluke.Waterford ain't 0-5 bad and are not 9 games in row good either.Fort Frye will win by about 10.

32, 16, 6
JV Team

Post by 32, 16, 6 »

Hey dspy: How do the refs get the whistle to work?

give up? they blow

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

EasternDspy wrote:I just think its funny that Waterford people complain about refs at FF but everyone in the TVC that Waterfords the worst place in the league in terms of home cooking.Plus I think it was part of fluke.Waterford ain't 0-5 bad and are not 9 games in row good either.Fort Frye will win by about 10.
I've been to every gym in the TVC multiple times and watched a Hell of alot of TVC games. I challenge you on your statement about everyone in the TVC saying that Waterford is the worst place in the league in terms of home cooking. Granted, we all joke about Farmer Yoder, Willie and Dewey Cheatem, and sister Shirley being Waterford based refs, but really? Worst home cooking?

I think alot of others would disagree with you on that one, besides me.

Oh, and the Cadets win this one by 10+ points. I think H2OFord is riding the downside of their crest now.

Bazinga!
Riding the Bench

Post by Bazinga! »

Yeah I know the TVC well and NO ONE says that Waterford is notorious for bad officiating. Southern, SG, a few teams in the Ohio div. all own that title and any TVC follower knows that. Not saying thats why those teams win because they are good but please get your facts straight before you post something stupid like that. FF people all think the only way they can lose is if the officials are "bad" I am so glad I am not from there. ANYWHERE but FF. People are pretty arrogant and full of @#%^. Too Bad really, Beverly is actually a nice little town. I feel bad for the kids

Bazinga!
Riding the Bench

Post by Bazinga! »

that being said FF probably avenges their previous defeat but not by much

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Shon Smith will have a big game in FF victory 61-49.

Phoenix
JV Team

Post by Phoenix »

Not everyone from fort frye is bad. Easterndspy is the only person that says stuff about that. But I am not saying anything bad about him because he would do anything for that team and would defend them any way he can without making the team look bad. That is why he said hat he did.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

No I just think its funny that Waterford fans already making excuses about the refs and everyone knows the refs were awful at Waterford.PS find a lost I blamed the refs besides the Waterford game.

rickoshay
SEOP

Post by rickoshay »

Heard the Waterford boys will make the ten minute walk to The Fort tomorrow evening. Wonder if they'll take the bus back home?

The game will be aired on WJAW FM 100.9 ESPN radio for SE Ohio.

Phoenix
JV Team

Post by Phoenix »

Lol. Would they really walk over?

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

I hope that they do, simply to prove their point. I know that if Woodsfield and Skyvue had been less than a mile apart, that is how we would have handled the transportation for that series between our schools, "back in the day". :-D 8) :122245

Fort Frye and H2OFord is the only local rival today that I consider comparable to the Woodsfield vs. Skyvue rivalry from way back. :12223

Return to “Boys Basketball”