DIV Eastern District @ Union Local

redskinwitness
Varsity

DIV Eastern District @ Union Local

Post by redskinwitness »

Teams: how I see them, two teams get out of this sectional to the Meadowbrook district.
1. Zanesville Bishop Rosecrans 8-3 (losses to New Philly on buzzer beater, Claymont at the horn, and Pick Central who is #3 in Division one, quality wins over Dover, Coshocton, Marrietta)
2. Beallsville 11-1 (only loss to a nice Connotton Valley team. Depth and length)
3. River 9-3 (Two nice post players surrounded by some shooters)
4. Barnesville 5-7 (talent is there, little depth and little discipline along with little coaching)
5. Caldwell 5--7 after they beat hapless St. Johns this weekend (Dangerous team with a very good point guard and no depth, probably the match up 2-4 don't want, could see them beating Barnesville and jumping to the 4 seed)
6. Shadyside 4-7 (beat bridgeport last night, not very good but have some games they can still win)
7. Bridgeport 3-8 (have some winnable games left)
8. Frontier 2-8 (not much talent but if they slow the game down they compete, have beaten bridgport and Waterford, nearly upset Fort Frye and Trail, probably better then both Shadyside and Bridgeport but won't have as many wins)
9. Bellaire St. Johns 1-11 (have to know who the heck they beat??? They are awful, at least Barnesville making this a 9 team sectional saves them having to play Rosecrans in the first round)

*Rosecrans will probably go in the bottom half of the bracket to avoid playing Hiland until the district finals if I had to guess. Correct me if I'm wrong but in the eastern district the teams choose where they put themselves on the board, correct? That would tell me that 2-5 seeds will all go to the top half of the bracket which leaves Rosecrans with likely Shadyside/Bridgeport/Frontier/St. Johns on their half. Doesn't get much easier than that. The other side will be competitive though with Beallsville/River/Barnesville/Caldwell. My freshman son will get his first experience dressing for a tourny game, hopefully they play well enough he will get in at the end. I love tourny time.

Thoughts?

redskinwitness
Varsity

Re: DIV Eastern District @ Union Local

Post by redskinwitness »

Anyone from any of these schools please post remaining schedules and record against opponents within the sectional. I know Caldwell has defeated Frontier twice by around 20 points, lost a bucket game to Barnesville early in the year, lost a ten point game to Beallsville that they were tied going in to the fourth quarter in and lost by 15 against River in the worst game they played all year. Caldwell still gets River/Barnesville/St. Johns again.

Frontier lost to River by 10 points and 23 points, lost a pair of 20 point games to Caldwell. They beat Bridgeport

River has beaten Frontier twice, Caldwell once and Barnesville if I'm not mistaken.

Barnesville has edged Caldwell, lost to Beallsville and RIver, once again I'm pretty certain on that one.

Beallsville has beaten Caldwell for sure.

Feel free to add anything you want.

newlex/sheridan
Varsity

Post by newlex/sheridan »

Looks to be 3 quality teams (Rosecrans, River, Beallsville) and two dangerous teams (Barnesville, Caldwell) in this sectional. I know my brothers boys at Caldwell have started playing better as of late, hopefully they are playing quality ball come tournament time and can win enough games to stay on the opposite side of the bracket of Rosecrans. I really doubt anyone wants to see them (Bishops) any sooner then they have to.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

1.Rosecrans 2.Beallsville 3.River 4.Barnesville 5.Caldwell 6.Bridgeport 7.Frontier 8.Shadyside 9.BSJ. At districts Top Bracket plays bottom. Top 8.Shadyside vs 9.Bsj winner gets 1.Rosecrans. 6.Bridgeport vs 7.Fron. bottom 2.Beallsville vs 5.Cald. and 3.River vs 4.Barnesville. District projections. Hiland vs River and Rosecrans vs Malvern. I think D4 east is better then D3 east.

Black Mamba 24
Riding the Bench

Post by Black Mamba 24 »

EasternDspy wrote:1.Rosecrans 2.Beallsville 3.River 4.Barnesville 5.Caldwell 6.Bridgeport 7.Frontier 8.Shadyside 9.BSJ. At districts Top Bracket plays bottom. Top 8.Shadyside vs 9.Bsj winner gets 1.Rosecrans. 6.Bridgeport vs 7.Fron. bottom 2.Beallsville vs 5.Cald. and 3.River vs 4.Barnesville. District projections. Hiland vs River and Rosecrans vs Malvern. I think D4 east is better then D3 east.
Exactly. Lock it it up. Only things that could change would be Barnesville/Caldwell seeds and 6/7/8 seeds which doesn't matter.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Just think that PVC will stick together like they always do which always helps the pvc teams get a spot higher.

I drain 3's
Varsity

Post by I drain 3's »

I'd love to see Caldwell come into the tournament playing well and surprise a few teams. They've played teams like Beallsville and Barnesville tough. Ball rolls there way a couple times, they could be the ones advancing.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

The thing is Caldwell has potential but who have they beat 0-12 Bsj 3-8 MC and 2-9 Frontier.Not many quality wins.

Return to “Boys Basketball”