Caldwell @ Shenandoah (Dec. 27th)

I drain 3's
Varsity

Caldwell @ Shenandoah (Dec. 27th)

Post by I drain 3's »

Caldwell will be traveling to Sarahsville to take on the Zeps in their first regular season meeting on the season. After somewhat high expectations to begin the season, the Redskins have under performed so far this season, imo. Their early season schedule was a bit of a grind, and they had a chance to pick up some quality wins, but couldn't quite finish things out in the 4th quarter. Shenandoah is still a bit of an unknown to me. How good are they really? I believe they are undefeated so far, but they don't really look like an undefeated team to me. They went into Beverly and took down FF, which is always tough to do, but then kind of struggle against teams like Shadyside and Newcomerstown, who aren't that good, imo. Like others have said, they seem to play to the level of their competition. A win here for Caldwell could kick-start them for the rest of the season.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Caldwell @ Shenandoah (Dec. 27th)

Post by EasternDspy »

Caldwell has played so many league home games.What's your thoughts on Ff @ MC?

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Skins 30 Zeps 48 final

redskinwitness
Varsity

Post by redskinwitness »

This game was 25-24 with a minute left in third qtr, Croucher picks up a foul and goes to the bench then Leasure and Hurst hit NBA length threes, a turnover for a layup the other way by Svercek and it's a 9 point game going in to the fourth. Svercek opens the fourth with three consecutive unforced turnovers that go the other way for layups and the game is over. I don't know what happened to Svercek but they didn't even guard him last night, I believe that was the fourth game in a row that he didn't score a point in and he kills them on D. The rest of the boys played a nice game but when you are playing short a man on D it kills you. If I had to guess he was every bit of 0 for 15 from the field last night, and they weren't forced shots, set wide open looks on kick outs from the post. The Zeps play hard but I personally think that Fort is better.

I drain 3's
Varsity

Post by I drain 3's »

This is really disappointing. They've got to find a way to close out games. Playing 3 solid quarters isn't enough, they need to play the whole 4 quarters. Seniors have to step it up. They're making freshman level mistakes. Seasons almost halfway over. If they want to make anything of it, they better pick it up. Soon.

Phoenix
JV Team

Post by Phoenix »

They just need that extra player or two to give the starters a break. Someone needs to step up.

On another note, more people are starting to realize shenandoah isn't as good as their record.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

You are what record is.Shenandoah went into Beverly and got a W give them some respect

GreenMachine
Waterboy

Post by GreenMachine »

I agree. About time Shenandoah gets some credit. They have played and beat the teams on their schedule to this point, including a strong FF team on the road. Say all you want to about them but they are getting it done on the court. More than can be said for their rivals who haven't played up to expectations. 2 wins against poor competition. If your only going to play 5-6 kids you better make sure they are in shape to handle playing 4 strong quarters...they obviously aren't. If svercek (sp?) is performing as bad as they say senior or not it's time to bench him. Start preparing for next season.

zepfan1
Waterboy

Post by zepfan1 »

It does'nt matter how much you win by, just so yoy get the w!!!! I watched these zeps boys play together since they were in 4th grade and they have always won this way. You people just keep thinkin the zeps are not very good and they will just keep wining!

Phoenix
JV Team

Post by Phoenix »

It just seems like they only play as much as they need to in order to win. They were only up by 1 point in the 3rd quarter to caldwell and it was 25 points. I'm just saying fort frye went to caldwell and had 30+ by halftime. I'll give them credit, and will still rank them 1 because they are undefeated. but now the only people that think they are the best is themselves.

journeyman8675309
Riding the Bench

Post by journeyman8675309 »

When the same players are making the same mistakes over and over it is time to play whoever you have on the bench. If the young kids aren't good enough than play with 4 or 3. Throw a chair out there or something. The kids need to know that mistakes = bench time!!!

Return to “Boys Basketball”