Athens vs. Warren 2/23

Excoach78
Freshman Team

Athens vs. Warren 2/23

Post by Excoach78 »

Athens beat New Lexington 59 to 53 at Logan Sec., Athens plays #1 seed Warren Wed. night. What do you think??

mikethompson
Riding the Bench

Re: Athens vs. Warren 2/23

Post by mikethompson »

athens in a upset

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Good Luck to Warren from a Trojan fan.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

GO DOGS!!!

Excoach78
Freshman Team

Post by Excoach78 »

Thanks Ozzieohio, We scouted the Athens/New Lex. game tonight. Athens was 8 for a bunch from 3pt. land. That won't cut it against Warrens pressure DEFENSE!!! The Warriors will be too big and physical for Athens and a DEEPER/BETTER BENCH. Should be no contest but the Warriors better come to play!!! I am sure Athens has not forgotten last years GAME. Did someone say SNOW!!!!
GO TEAM WARREN WARRIORS!!!!!!!!!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Warren

BULLDOGS11
Waterboy

Post by BULLDOGS11 »

Lets go bulldogs!

Auburntgrfan
All Conference

Post by Auburntgrfan »

The Warriors really hammered Athens in their first meeting. I would expect them to come out pumped, primed and ready to go against Warren early. However, can they sustain this early rush of adrinalin for four qtrs.? Hard to do. Warriors hold the court and win by 15 or more.

Power 105
All Conference

Post by Power 105 »

This game can be heard on 970 WATH Radio in Athens, with Grant Burkhardt and Rob Schreier on the call. Pre-game coverage begins at 6 p.m., with the tip at 6:15.

You can listen live to the broadcast online at http://athensi.com (click on the WATH AM link on the right side of the page).

Thanks, and good luck to both teams.

Warrior in WV
Waterboy

Post by Warrior in WV »

Losses and close games at the end of the "regular season" will wake the Warriors up! They are hungry and have a lot to prove. JMO, but I see a re-matchup at the Convo on March 11th vs Chillicothe! Go Warriors!!

Warrior C C
Freshman Team

Post by Warrior C C »

Well its here...Tournament time yet again, and Im afraid I am looking for a disappointment as usual...As much as I would like to see these young men go to a state tournament, I just know it will take a miracle...The talent is there, The athleticism is there, The Heart is there, but the chemistry isnt, as well as the strongest team being placed out on the court there.
Starting lineup doesnt matter but with 2 players averaging under 3 points per game, you put yourself against the odds and playing catchup to many times....Then when the strongest team gets you back and into the game, Warriors take a halftime break and start out just like you do at the beginning. Im sorry but that wont cut it, maybe against athens and marietta, but thats it. Ive sat back and watched the Windland boy,Knost boy, Ward boy, Henthorn boy,show time and time again, why they need to be in the game more...Its called PLAYING TO WIN THE GAME! This means putting your best freethrow shooters in the game when the game is on the line...putting your quickest players in when you need that surge...putting your best shooters in the game when you need that scoring...putting your strongest-more aggresive kids in the game when the other team is in foul trouble...
I know its about being Loyal, But at some point, you have to Play your BEST!
Plenty of talent there but why make the community suffer....The people support the team no matter what, but whats wrong with playing your strongest to see how far you can get?
Is it all about hurting someones feelings at this point? When you go to a game and repeatedly hear average people say why is he playing these boys?...Thats getting quite old to hear...same song and dance every year.....Yes we all think were coaches and have the answers, but come on.....its never been so OBVIOUS as it is this year. So Warriors win the next 2 because of talent alone.....but a pure Miracle after that to get past the next round!
Yes the warriors post winning seasons year after year...Coaching has alot to do with that I agree....but Coaching also has another role, and thats to try and bring a banner to the community and the school, stop being so friendly and people pleasing and get past the stinkin Convo Center by coaching SMART....these kids will love you just the same!
So Im positive that this will cause some stink, but 1 day people will realize that a Banner is nice to see at the gymnasium...but its gonna take some GUTS!! THE SUN COMES OUT TMRW :mad:

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Yep, I'm sure Coach Maddox doesn't coach to win, but only to make his players happy. You're right once again.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Typical Warrior fan, no clue towards realistic expectations. They would call for the head of Lombardi and Wooden!

Warrior in WV
Waterboy

Post by Warrior in WV »

Hey CC, there is a big reason why Warren doesn't have a banner in their gymnasium! It's called D2 OHIO basketball!!

tiggerfan
Riding the Bench

Post by tiggerfan »

Warren has the talent and depth, but if they don't play better TEAM ball then they have the past 4 games, they will be lucky to get to the Convo.

Warrior C C
Freshman Team

Post by Warrior C C »

tiggerfan...very true...actually that has been a problem all year.....Looks like 2 different teams on the Warren side....You can watch as a spectator that it happens quite often...not mentioning names but you can see how it works.You would think that it would be addressed but they think the fans are supposedly wearing blinders and cant see it...but its not the case because its talked about...BELIEVE ME! I will say that next year might be different in the TEAM ASPECT THOUGH!
As far as the D2- Warrior in Wv....Warren has had quality teams in the past but its the same ole story...If its about being loyal or wrong people on floor....it doesnt matter what division they are in....seems like there has been a trend to place non scorers on the floor the past several years...kinda like having a team in MAYBERRY with sheriff Taylor at the helm. A stroke of LUCK is only way they will advance...its actually SAD.
The sun comes out tmrw :mrgreen:

Warrior in WV
Waterboy

Post by Warrior in WV »

CC, I wish you would post your name so we can check your coaching stats! You should put your knowledge of the game and evaluation of player talent to use! SE Ohio basketball is what it is, and there are no state championships from this area for a reason! I'm sure you could put a SE Ohio AAU team togehter with your all-offensive mind and do well (until you play the Columbus/Cincy/Cleveland teams! Bottom line is... defense wins championships, and your 19.1 ppg guard making free throws at the end of games (Chilly)!!

Warrior C C
Freshman Team

Post by Warrior C C »

warrior in wv....your talking about the same 19.1 ppg player that is shooting 62 percent from the same charity stripe? That will win you championships? And why people like tiggerfan is talking about Team? And you say defense wins championships and placing this player in the next sentence?Team isnt just assists some of the time, and then play with no rules applied when the weaker teams come to town? Lets not even go there....maybe when you talk offense that you get your points and involve EVERYBODY.....LIKE the young man from Portsmouth...hes the real deal and why you have to guard everyone...not just 3 players. I would love to go back in time and become a SCOUT....because I think Warren would be so easy to stop and your 19.1 wouldnt be that I bet....so go back to your relatives house and go to bed...the sun comes out tmrw ;-)

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

Warrior C C wrote:warrior in wv....your talking about the same 19.1 ppg player that is shooting 62 percent from the same charity stripe? That will win you championships? And why people like tiggerfan is talking about Team? And you say defense wins championships and placing this player in the next sentence?Team isnt just assists some of the time, and then play with no rules applied when the weaker teams come to town? Lets not even go there....maybe when you talk offense that you get your points and involve EVERYBODY.....LIKE the young man from Portsmouth...hes the real deal and why you have to guard everyone...not just 3 players. I would love to go back in time and become a SCOUT....because I think Warren would be so easy to stop and your 19.1 wouldnt be that I bet....so go back to your relatives house and go to bed...the sun comes out tmrw ;-)
This guy is a moron.

32, 16, 6
JV Team

Post by 32, 16, 6 »

I'm gonna be honest and to the point. We don't need any of this! You ARE NOT going to change anything by posting something on the computer. Its NOT going to happen. We don't need name calling, we don't need coaching by old men, young men, or anybody else as far as that goes. Right now, a debate isn't gonna hurt much. Anything else is uncalled for. Coaching stats or any other stats, all go by the wayside. Buckle down, cheer your team on, and pray that everyone stays healthy and has a safe trip to and from the games.

Return to “Boys Basketball”