Pioneer Valley All-League Awards

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Pioneer Valley All-League Awards

Post by EasternDspy »

This is just one mans opinion...Player of the year- Shon Smith- Kids a monster scoring over 20 ppg and having multiply 30 plus games.I think this is a nobrainer. Others consider(Price,Eddy,and Roe). All PVC- Shon Smith FF , Price River, Roe Trail, Eddy FF ,and Jimmy Baker MC. 2nd team- Caldwell River, Chandler Lang FF, Jon Weichman Cald , Schwendeman FF,and Eli Hurst 3rd Team- Danny Neuhart Doah Jefferson Fron Patterson Trail Intermuhle River and Starr Trail....Suspric of the Year- River they took a mostly JV team and got to OVAC title game. Not many Srs on this list this league should be great next season...2012 players to watch Hastings Cald,Legrean FF,Big kid from Trail #5 JV,Abshier Fron,#20 JV for Monroe,Lafferie MC

I drain 3's
Varsity

Re: Pioneer Valley All-League Awards

Post by I drain 3's »

Can't argue, although i'm not sure about the Baker kid from MC? What's his numbers like. I'd probably switch him with Hurst.
Also, it's Harding, not Hastings for Caldwell. I'll throw another one out there, Clark for Caldwell next year. I'd expect him to step in and see Varsity minutes as a freshman.

Future definitely looks bright for the league. Caldwell has a great class coming up next year. River doesn't have a senior on the team I believe, so expect them to be even better next year. A lot of the teams also have a lot of size coming at from the Jr High level. Especially Trail and River. From what i've heard, Frontier expects to have one or two incoming freshman to get Varsity minutes as well. If these teams and players all develop like they're capable of, this league might be the best it's been in a while.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Fort Frye will still be good next season with Smith , Lang, Anderson, Brooker and Legrean.

I drain 3's
Varsity

Post by I drain 3's »

There will be a lot of good guard play next year that should make for some exciting matchups.
Fort Frye - Smith (and probably somewhat im not aware of)
Caldwell - Weichman, Harding (possibly Clark)
Frontier - Jefferson (tons of potential)
Shenandoah - Hurst and Neuhart
Trail - Starr (Has to become a better ball handler so he doesnt become one-dimensional)

Haven't seen River this year so i'm not sure which ones their guards are, and not sure who MC returns.

Expecting big things in the coming years for the league. I like the fact that Coach Crane has upped the schedule for Caldwell as well. They'll be participating in a tournament at West M next year, and will be playing a team from Cincinnati who I believe is pretty highly ranked this year.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Lang will become a league top scorer next year.He lead FF in scoring in 3 of the last 4 home games and has had double digits in all but sat which he had 8.He guarded 6-7 college prospect Mark Winters offers from WVU and Wake Forrest and shut him down to 16.Pretty good for a 5-9 guard.

redskinwitness
Varsity

Post by redskinwitness »

1st team:
Smith-Fort Frye-easily player of the year, impressive player
Price-River-really nice guard on a very good team
Wiechman-Caldwell-kid has carried them and kept them in pretty much every game this year, avg nearly 20 a game as a sophomore.
Hurst-Shenandoah-can heat up in a hurry but has shot them out of games too
Indermuhle-River-best post player in the league

2nd team:
Neuhart-Shenandoah-I think he is their best player
Bever-Trail-Also a very nice player and for my money is better then Roe
Lang-Fort-all around good ball player
Eddy-Fort-three point shooter who fits the system
Larrick-Trail-big, paper had him avg 10 points and 12 boards

3rd team:
Roe-Trail-quick, good again next year
Starr-Trail-needs to become a more complete player
Caldwell-River-very nice shooter
Shwendemen-Fort-has been huge for them this season
Patterson-Trail-has had a nice year

*Omissions:
Baker from central-had a bad year, didn't avg double figures and both times I saw him he was the third best player on a bad team. Croucher-hard for me to leave him off, he does so many little things for his team but he isn't as talented as the other kids on here, that said, I would probably take him over the majority of the third teamers. Jefferson-Frontier-good athlete, improved a lot in the past year. Plays on a bad team with zero help.

How many kids actually get picked to each team? I would also vote for the River coach as coach of the year in the league.

redskinwitness
Varsity

Post by redskinwitness »

The league was a lot better then most expected this year with only Central/Frontier not being able to really compete for the most part. Next year it should be even better as a whole and yes there is talent coming.

Fort: Smith/Lang/Anderson will make a great back court. The Lagrean kid is going to be a player too. The system always comes up with players and those three will make them tough every night out.

Trail-Bever/Roe/Starr/Starr with a nice big off the reserve team back. They will have outstanding guard play but I just don't think they are very well coached.

River-Returns the whole team and will be very, very good. Difficult match up for anyone.

Shenandoah-Neuhart/Hurst will make up an experienced back court. Will probably add juniors who played JV in Bond/Farnsworth/Lueyster. Not sure how good they will be but have two really nice players.

Caldwell-being my sons group and having spent a lot of time around these kids I have a pretty good view of what will happen. There is a lot of talent here but it is very young, they won't play a senior and only two juniors next year. I expect a starting five that looks like this: Wiechman (jr), Harding (so), Clark (Fr), Figel (So), Baker (So).....bench: Carpenter (jr), Leasure (so), Heller (Fr), and Willey (sr). Can see them playing the first 8. These kids have skills but they have to get stronger and mature. I think they will compete pretty well and be very good the following year. Have to be as young as any team in Ohio next winter though.

Central-Laffre/Nixon/Brown/Jirles- Have some younger talent. For my money they are poorly coached and won't be much better then this year but they could surprise me.

Frontier-Everyone loves Roger but the poor guy doesn't have much to work with. Jefferson is a good athlete. He has most of this years team back but they were bad. Had a few nice 8th grade athletes but they weren't great by any means. Has a nice group of 7th graders this year too. Expect them to finish in the basement next winter too.

Never know how kids develop but I expect the league to play out the following way next winter in my waaaay to early outlook:
1. River-will be pushed by Fort but should be just a bit to much.
2. Fort-could win it again with Smith/Lang/Lagrean and that guy on the bench.

3. Trail/Caldwell/Shenandoah-These three could finish in any order. Caldwell is really young but is much better coached then the other two. My way of looking at it is they beat Trail once this year and they won't be quite as good next year without the two big kids and Caldwell will be more skilled. Shenandoah has two nice players back but they will miss the rest of the bunch and had to go overtime to beat the skins this year. I see these three teams all splitting with each other just a notch below the top two but still nice teams.

6. Central-Have enough athletes but aren't very well coached and won't have size at all.

7. Frontier-They will play hard and push Central for the six spot.

*Overall I think the top five in this league are gonna be solid with the top two very, very good. Future is bright for a few P.V.C. teams.......I am very happy with the direction my sons group is going in Caldwell. There is talent and we finally have someone who can coach and build a program. Good luck to all P.V.C. teams in the tourny this week.

Black Mamba 24
Riding the Bench

Post by Black Mamba 24 »

1st Team:
Smith (FF)- Player of the year (not debatable)
Price (River)
Weichman (Cald)
Indermuhle (River)
Eddy (FF)-

2nd Team:
Hurst (Shen)
Neuhart (Shen)
Schwendemen (FF)
Roe (Trail)
Lang (FF)

3rd Team:
Patterson (Trail)
Beaver (Trail)
Caldwell (River)
Larrick (Trail)
Lafferre (MC)

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

No way Larrick is a better player then Jefferson.It ain't his fault he has no help 12points a game on a team that scores in 30s

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Also Caldwell is a better player then Intermuhle to me...Are you taking top 5 by position ?Or Top 5 Overall???Zach Eddy 15 ppg and multiple 6-8 3 point games come on he is top 5.

surfsider
All State

Post by surfsider »

Since non of these are official when IS the final All-PVC awards released?

Phoenix
JV Team

Post by Phoenix »

i thought maybe crum would get at least a mention. guess he wasn't that big of a threat this year? i only saw him a couple times though, so i could be way off

rickoshay
SEOP

Post by rickoshay »

vigril wrote:i thought maybe crum would get at least a mention. guess he wasn't that big of a threat this year? i only saw him a couple times though, so i could be way off

Crum, thou not tall, was a beast vs FF in the OVAC semi final, and kept the Zeps in the game till the end.

PVC MAN
JV Team

Post by PVC MAN »

Top 5 players in the league.

1.Smith
2.Weichman
3.Price
4.Nuehart
5.Indermuhle

PVC MAN
JV Team

Post by PVC MAN »

Top 5 players in the league.

1.Smith
2.Weichman
3.Price
4.Nuehart
5.Indermuhle

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

No way Weichman is that high and also Zach Eddy is one of the leagues top players.He is the leagues best shooter and is clutch.

J8fusl
Freshman Team

Post by J8fusl »

You could only see Weichman play against FF. Against other teams his numbers seemed very good. Lang is a hard matchup for him do to lang being just as quick, longer, and stronger. Against any other 'man' defender he seemed to score with out much trouble.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

He is a baller and will only get better.If Chan Lang shot as much as Weichman he would score more points and be more efficent

J8fusl
Freshman Team

Post by J8fusl »

But Lang didnt, and Weichman did. So i say this year Weichman deserves to be mentioned as a top five player.

iron mike
Waterboy

Post by iron mike »

1) dont think i need to say the poy
2) brett price
3) eli hurst
4) danny neuhart
5) weichman

Return to “Boys Basketball”