Waterboy

Who will win the SHL this year?

Post by ChuckNorris »

Who will win the SHL this year?

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Re: Who will win the SHL this year?

Post by TribeManiac10 »

I think Fairfield wins the small division with Whiteoak finishing second by a slim margin. I think the big division is up in the air. It should be a battle between North Adams, Eastern Brown, and Peebles. If I had to pick a favorite I would go with North Adams. They are the only team to not lose a starter and in my opinion are the most well rounded team in the league.

My picks for All-League team

Nathan Scott-Eastern Brown
Chase Lawson-Eastern Brown
Levi Bales-North Adams
Kris King-North Adams
Beau Justice-Peebles
Trent Arey-Peebles
AJ Frost-West Union
Ryan Inman-Lynchburg Clay
Gage Waits-Lynchburg Clay
Quentin Williams-Fairfield
Doc Seip-Whiteoak
Luke Taggert-Whiteoak
Gage Carragher-Whiteoak
DJ Illes-Fayetteville

Other potential additions

Andrew Mitchell-North Adams
Potentially 1 or 2 other players-Fairfield
Sheridan Carroll-North Adams
Braxton Gaffin-Manchester
Josh Chandler-Peebles

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

Don't count Fayyettville out there going to be better wont win it but competative

theuglytruth
Varsity

Post by theuglytruth »

Great post Tribe,

Lightle like Ive said before Fayettville will only be competitive the nights Iles goes for 30. They lost their only post presence if you even want to call him that. He was a banger. They may knock off a team or two AT fayetteville the night Iles goes off. So in that case yeah they could be competitive...

I wouldnt completely count out Lynchburg, and if I had to guess Ripley will end up being in the hunt.

......................and that my friends, is the UGLY TRUTH!

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

theuglytruth wrote:Great post Tribe,

Lightle like Ive said before Fayettville will only be competitive the nights Iles goes for 30. They lost their only post presence if you even want to call him that. He was a banger. They may knock off a team or two AT fayetteville the night Iles goes off. So in that case yeah they could be competitive...

I wouldnt completely count out Lynchburg, and if I had to guess Ripley will end up being in the hunt.

......................and that my friends, is the UGLY TRUTH!
I agree, Lynchburg will be solid again this year. I haven't seen Ripley play this summer so my opinion isnt a strong one for them but I had assumed They would be pretty bad considering all 5 starters graduated and their leading returning scorer averaged about 2.5ppg. I think they will finish above Manchester in the small division but beyond that I have no clue.

theuglytruth
Varsity

Post by theuglytruth »

I completely agree, they should not be good but it always seems like some random couple kids end up shooting the ball good and they end up in the hunt. Ripley kids PLAY all the time, and a this is a lost art. Kids rarely all meet at the park or just find somewhere to play anymore. Ripley isnt supposed to be good but I would not be surprised if they are in the hunt!

.................and that my friend, is the UGLYTRUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

Is Sinniger playing for WU this year?

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

NewEra wrote:Is Sinniger playing for WU this year?
Is there a rumor that he isn't? :) I wouldn't mind having him at Peebles. The kid has potential. I was impressed with him last year when his JV team played ours.

airforcejm
Varsity

Post by airforcejm »

I agree with Tribe's overall assessment of the SHL. I think Fairfield is the clear favorite for the small school followed by Whiteoak. I do think Ripley will be better than most people think, possibly competing with Whitoak for #2 but i suppose anything could happen. Manchester will most likely be at the bottom with the majority of their wins coming from their relatively weak non-conference schedule.

streetballer
Varsity

Post by streetballer »

I think eastern will win the shl with na right behind them

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

I saw North Adams,Feyetville,Peebles,Fairfield,this summer NorthAdams bigs really were impressive and Fairfield was the best overall one I saw. But when I saw Peebles the Justice kid wasn't there.

knowledge
All Conference

Post by knowledge »

I say Peebles based on the way they defend, they all get after it! Arey and Justice put so much pressure on the ball it's difficult to get into any type of flow offensively. Chandler is a very fundamentally sound post man. Haven't seen North Adams yet.

Return to “Boys Basketball”