River Valley @ Southeasten...12-23-14

HoopsHotHead
Varsity

River Valley @ Southeasten...12-23-14

Post by HoopsHotHead »

Don't know a thing about SE......except that my good friend and 7th grade bball coach Todd Deel worked and coached there many years ago......i miss that sucker

Anyway....good luck to Coach Peck and the Raiders....I predict a close one....

RV......55
SE......54

meigs_pride
Waterboy

Re: River Valley @ Southeasten...12-23-14

Post by meigs_pride »

This game will more than likely be the last game before River Valley starts going down hill. Once they face Athens on the 6th, they won't win very many more games. Gonna be just like their football season...Start out good, finish not so good!!!

HoopsHotHead
Varsity

Post by HoopsHotHead »

Lets hope not Meigs.......I know one thing...RV will have two VERY easy wins on the 13th of Jan and the 20th of Feb......that's all I know.......that and the earth is not flat.....put your crystal ball away Pride.....this RV team is different.....getting better by the week.....but yes.....the schedule will get more difficult after SE......whom I know nothing about.....

just kidding about those dates 1-13 and 2-20......should be good games as always......RV with the slight edge.....l ;-)

meigs_pride
Waterboy

Post by meigs_pride »

hoopshothead wrote:Lets hope not Meigs.......I know one thing...RV will have two VERY easy wins on the 13th of Jan and the 20th of Feb......that's all I know.......that and the earth is not flat.....put your crystal ball away Pride.....this RV team is different.....getting better by the week.....but yes.....the schedule will get more difficult after SE......whom I know nothing about.....

just kidding about those dates 1-13 and 2-20......should be good games as always......RV with the slight edge.....l ;-)
I'm thinking those dates you mentioned 1-13 and 2-20 will be maybe 2 of the last 3 wins for RV this season.

kidsarewhatmatters
Riding the Bench

Post by kidsarewhatmatters »

Lets not kid ourselves here RVs schedule is overall weak (with a couple exceptions coming up) but hey they are putting up the W's when they should. Pleasant change to see RV doing well.

HoopsHotHead
Varsity

Post by HoopsHotHead »

I agree KAWM......it is a pleasant change to watch RV get some "w's".......been a long time a comin.......

Good luck tomorrow RV!!

HoopsHotHead
Varsity

Post by HoopsHotHead »

Meigs Pride....here are the remaining games that I see RV winning....

SE
ALEX
SG
Meigs
Green
GA
FED HOCK
NY
WELLSTON
VC
Meigs

That is 11 more to the 4 they have....15-7 would be a GREAT mark......and that is spliting with VC and Alex...and getting swept by Athens......JMO.....JMO.....JMO

.....JMO

But RV could easily do this and with more improvement.....stealing one from Athens and Chesapeake is possible......Im a fan, so i know im biased....but i believe in this group......

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Southeastern is a lot better than people give them credit for and are a bear at the Larry. Their herd of outstanding guards make them a tough matchup for anybody, with their only loss being at a very good Lynchburg team. I'll take the Panthers tonight, 64-48.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Anytime you go into an SVC gym, you can bet you're in for a fight. The SVC is a great basketball conference. There have been years that VC has beaten some of the best in the SVC and lose to a team near the bottom of the conference standings all in the same season. I have much respect for the SVC. Good luck Raiders!

meigs_pride
Waterboy

Post by meigs_pride »

hoopshothead wrote:Meigs Pride....here are the remaining games that I see RV winning....

SE
ALEX
SG
Meigs
Green
GA
FED HOCK
NY
WELLSTON
VC
Meigs

That is 11 more to the 4 they have....15-7 would be a GREAT mark......and that is spliting with VC and Alex...and getting swept by Athens......JMO.....JMO.....JMO

.....JMO

But RV could easily do this and with more improvement.....stealing one from Athens and Chesapeake is possible......Im a fan, so i know im biased....but i believe in this group......

You really do have your rose colored glasses on don't ya?

Let's see River Valley has 4 Wins:
Eastern (Has One win versus Miller)
Jackson (Has One win in 3 years)
Wellston (Has Two wins versus Eastern and Rock Hill)
They have beat one decent team in Nelsonville and they don't have a winning record yet.

They might Win 5 more games. And even as bad as Meigs is, they won't beat them twice!!!

Give it a few games and then you will be on here saying they should be doing this or doing that and if you would have had the coaching position that you were given and then taken away that you all would be 22-0. But that only being accomplished if Hothead Jr. is moved up to the Varsity.

meigs_pride
Waterboy

Post by meigs_pride »

Throw this into the mix.

Out of the 4 teams that RV has beaten...Eastern, Jackson and Wellston had a combined 6-59 record last season.

seohhoops
Freshman Team

Post by seohhoops »

Wow MP. Got ugly and personal, FAST. I don't think that's what this site is for, nor do I think hothead is out of line for simply stating his high hopes for his team.

meigs_pride
Waterboy

Post by meigs_pride »

seohhoops wrote:Wow MP. Got ugly and personal, FAST. I don't think that's what this site is for, nor do I think hothead is out of line for simply stating his high hopes for his team.
Nothing wrong with him having high hopes, The kids are a great group of kids and have more coming up the line. But you have to look at reality and realize that like football they started out 3-0 because they hadn't played anyone, Now there basketball team is starting out 4-2 because they haven't really played anyone. (other then NY which is .500) Right now they are playing with confidence, but one game versus Athens and the beat down they put on teams takes so much out of a team, it ruins their confidence and makes it hard to regain....That's why I said they would start going down hill after the Athens game.

And I think I speak for many people on here that they get tired of seeing hothead say what the coaches should have or should do. And I don't think their is any point of sharing the stats of his own son for the JV or Freshman games...Seriously do the people of SEOP care if he had 7 points...Now if you wanna list the points of all those kids at that level feel free too.

Judge and Jury
Freshman Team

Post by Judge and Jury »

Bingo!!!

seohhoops
Freshman Team

Post by seohhoops »

I guess I would be more inclined to that last paragraph than attacking the guy is all I'm saying instead of it getting ugly. As for RV, they have already won more this year than the last two combined. I know that isn't saying a lot, things seem to be going in the right direction. Football went 5-5 (1-9 the previous year) and basketball is 4-2 with I would guess a minimum of another 5 wins their future. For a school that has had ZERO success, that is important.

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Any update on this game? Thanks

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Southeastern 69
River Valley 38

tubby
Varsity

Post by tubby »

Ouch hope they bounce back. Tough road game against a tough team. When is next game?

Meigs pride - What's your problem? If you don't like what he has to say, don't read his post!

meigs_pride
Waterboy

Post by meigs_pride »

Tubby wrote:Ouch hope they bounce back. Tough road game against a tough team. When is next game?

Meigs pride - What's your problem? If you don't like what he has to say, don't read his post!
My problem is this, Most people knows he wanted the coaching position and him coming on here saying if the team does this or they should do this, they should have done that...What he is basically doing is being disrespectful to the coaches on hand, he is only looking for people on here to agree with what he thinks should have been done. Therefore makes him look like he should have been in the position of head coach. I do not have a clue who he is personally, but you can tell from his posts he thinks he is high and mighty. And for those of you to think he is actually wishing RV success this year is way off. Remember his dream of being the coach was taken from him, so of course he is gonna want to really see the team not do so well to make it look like the school board made the wrong choice of not giving him the position...Did his dream just totally go away, or could that dream still be alive if RV has very little success under Coach Peck?

And Tubby if you don't like what I say, don't read it!!!

meigs_pride
Waterboy

Post by meigs_pride »

hoopshothead wrote:Actually I thought the game was called very well.......I sat at the scorers table and kept the RV book......My name is Ryan McCarley.......all I was saying, if RV was coached by Persin, and OH was coached by Peck, that the game would have been won by RV.......Peck is in his first year as a coach at any level, and Norm is a 500+ game winner, while watching and listening to the game unfold, I could see Norm making a point to value every offensive and every defensive possession.......and good thing he did......yes I think that RV is the deeper and more athletic team, not taking anything away from Oak Hill and their players......just think that the difference in this one was coaching and player rotation and most of all, not wasting any possessions........this will be a valuable lesson for Coach Peck and his very young and inexperienced coaching staff.......that was all that i was trying to say......that and I must have been good luck this past weekend.......I was sitting besides the split-the-pot winner Friday at RV and Sat. at Rio........btw Raiderball.......wheres my cut!!!!......... :lol:
Take this for example, why would you say stuff like this on SEOP about a Coach that you are saying you are backing all the way? Go back and read after each game and you will see comments about what Hoopshothead would have liked to have seen or what he would have done. That is being DISRESPECTFUL and hypocritical.

Return to “Boys Basketball”