Waterboy

Re: River Valley vs Oak Hill 12/13/14

Post by living in the hills »

Keep your chins up Raiders, close game just didn't close it out. On to the next

HoopsHotHead
Varsity

Post by HoopsHotHead »

RV was the better team.......as far as the players go.......switch coaches and RV blows the Oaks out!!!

This is what happens with a program that is rebuilding......you lose games you should win.......just as the players get better, the coach will have to learn and get better as well.......

Keep you head's up, place value in each possession, and play you ass off on Tues......First league game vs. NY.....

GO RAIDERS!!!

osu
Freshman Team

Post by osu »

Blow the oaks out. Please!!!!!.. THe oaks had two seniors and three freshmen on the floor for most of the game. It showed when they blowed a thirteen pt. Lead late in the game. The young kids will get better each game and learn how to hold the big leads like they had, good thing u played the oaks early in the season. By the way, u weren't the one in the stands complaining about every call the refs made were u.

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

It amazes me how so many teams fall into that 40 pt trap from oak hill team! Tempo is something a Persin team always controls!
oakfan wrote:Blow the oaks out. Please!!!!!.. THe oaks had two seniors and three freshmen on the floor for most of the game. It showed when they blowed a thirteen pt. Lead late in the game. The young kids will get better each game and learn how to hold the big leads like they had, good thing u played the oaks early in the season. By the way, u weren't the one in the stands complaining about every call the refs made were u.
Oak Hill fans never complain about officiating!! :122249

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

You have a higher chance of winning the lottery than you do going into Oak Hill and being on the winning end of calls.

Judge and Jury
Freshman Team

Post by Judge and Jury »

It was a neutral site (Rio Grande).

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Judge and Jury wrote:It was a neutral site (Rio Grande).
That explains the close game! If this was played at Oak Hill, my money says Oak Hill wins by 15-20!

HoopsHotHead
Varsity

Post by HoopsHotHead »

Actually I thought the game was called very well.......I sat at the scorers table and kept the RV book......My name is Ryan McCarley.......all I was saying, if RV was coached by Persin, and OH was coached by Peck, that the game would have been won by RV.......Peck is in his first year as a coach at any level, and Norm is a 500+ game winner, while watching and listening to the game unfold, I could see Norm making a point to value every offensive and every defensive possession.......and good thing he did......yes I think that RV is the deeper and more athletic team, not taking anything away from Oak Hill and their players......just think that the difference in this one was coaching and player rotation and most of all, not wasting any possessions........this will be a valuable lesson for Coach Peck and his very young and inexperienced coaching staff.......that was all that i was trying to say......that and I must have been good luck this past weekend.......I was sitting besides the split-the-pot winner Friday at RV and Sat. at Rio........btw Raiderball.......wheres my cut!!!!......... :lol:

osu
Freshman Team

Post by osu »

We are a young team ourselves only two seniors and three freshmen in line up a lot of time. With cox one of our seniors and better shooters (not get much to fall) we didn't play all that well. R.v. is a scrappy team think they will have a good season ,best of luck to them. There were a couple parents from r.v. that were yelling about every call made. That was annoying, even though I agree there were a few bad calls both ways. Once again , good luck to the Raiders!

oneoak
Varsity

Post by oneoak »

I heard someone yelling at the refs to call it both ways when the foul count on the scoreboard was 5 to 5. Why doesn't anyone yell what they really mean, call it our way? :mrgreen:

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

oneoak wrote:I heard someone yelling at the refs to call it both ways when the foul count on the scoreboard was 5 to 5. Why doesn't anyone yell what they really mean, call it our way? :mrgreen:
I'm not siding either way but the # of total fouls in a half or game can be quite misleading.

osu
Freshman Team

Post by osu »

I agree. Some fouls come at crucial times.

oneoak
Varsity

Post by oneoak »

I was just taking a jab at a fan for yelling at the refs. I know that the number of fouls called, whether equal or not, isn't relevant to how well the game is called.

rockbiter
Freshman Team

Post by rockbiter »

But, every really good and well-coached team I ever saw, the opposing fans complained that "you can't get a fair break on calls at their place". I think that is just rationalizing the fact that they are not good enough or well-coached enough to beat the other team. Very few officials give a crap who wins a high school basketball game.

Return to “Boys Basketball”