Best teams in the TVC Hocking (Boys)?

Bengals
Waterboy

Best teams in the TVC Hocking (Boys)?

Post by Bengals »

??

G.W.A.
All Conference

Re: Best teams in the TVC Hocking (Boys)?

Post by G.W.A. »

Trimble

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

With Caldwell at the helm, Trimble should be the favorite

mikethompson
Riding the Bench

Post by mikethompson »

1) trimble
2) waterford
3) southern
4) miller
5) federal hocking
6) south gallia
7) wahama
8 ) belpre
9 ) eastern

coachmc
Waterboy

Post by coachmc »

1. Trimble = Front runner for sure. Team is loaded with talent and has a great coach in place.
2. Southern = I think they will have a good season. They will edge out Waterford for second place.
3. Waterford = Waterford is up and down real hard to predict. They have a vetran coach so they will compete well.
4. Miller = They have some talented players. They have a new coach this season. They will be better then years past.
5. Belpre = They have good guard play. They also have a new coach this season. They could suprise some teams.
6. South Gallia = They will compete but are not as strong as some of the top teams.
7. Federal Hocking = Lost alot to graduation. They have a new coach with Howie going to Trimble. Some say Fed Hock will struggle for the next couple years.
8. Wahama = They will win a few games. They will struggle with ball handling. Should be better then last year but still have trouble with the top teams in the TVC.
9. Eastern = Same as last year not much has changed here. They will have a tuff time once more this year. But I hear they have some good younger teams comming up thru their system.

In a whole the TVC Hocking will be a more competetive then years past. There will be some great basketball games this year.

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

Federal boys don not have a new coach unless they just hired one. As of last Friday they were still without one.

fairlandboi'06
Riding the Bench

Post by fairlandboi'06 »

[quote="Super Trooper"]With Caldwell at the helm, Trimble should be the favorite[/quote]

Trimble would be the favorite if Moore were still coaching..Thats a fact

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

Okay?

The Dog
Freshman Team

Post by The Dog »

Wizard wrote:
Super Trooper wrote:With Caldwell at the helm, Trimble should be the favorite

Trimble would be the favorite if Moore were still coaching..Thats a fact
I heerd them Glouster boys tried to get Howdy's boy to come up ther from Racine but he wernt bitin. So they settled for Howdy.

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

Trimble would be a disappointment again with Moore. Underachieved ever year with the talent they had.

chiefs
Varsity

Post by chiefs »

Is it true that Rader doesn't return for Miller?

If I'm correct, they return the small but quick kid with blonde hair and one of their guards. Doughty I think is one of their names. They had some kids that could shoot, but Rader was their biggest man and best player.

old bird
Freshman Team

Post by old bird »

The FC Fan wrote:Is it true that Rader doesn't return for Miller?

If I'm correct, they return the small but quick kid with blonde hair and one of their guards. Doughty I think is one of their names. They had some kids that could shoot, but Rader was their biggest man and best player.
Don't know about Rader but a little "birdie" told me they're looking for a coach. Not "fact" yet but good source

coachmc
Waterboy

Post by coachmc »

I thought Miller had a coach in place what happened? Its tuff to start the season with out a coach.

chiefs
Varsity

Post by chiefs »

coachmc wrote:I thought Miller had a coach in place what happened? Its tuff to start the season with out a coach.
Not that I'm going to pretend to know what is going on with Miller, but they could be in worse positions at the moment or down the road. I know with my team a few years ago our brilliant administration (who would later go on to leave after the conclusion of that school year) somehow managed to fire our basketball coach the day before the first game. Fairfield Union canned their coach right around Thanksgiving last year.

coachmc
Waterboy

Post by coachmc »

Its sad for Miller they got a good team. As of now I heard Coach Bartley the football coach and AD is the basketball coach. I thought Coach Bremer did a great job while coaching there. I heard through the Perry County grape vine that he left beacuse of the administration. I hear he still is a teacher at Miller but wants nothing to do with the coaching side of things.

chiefs
Varsity

Post by chiefs »

coachmc wrote:Its sad for Miller they got a good team. As of now I heard Coach Bartley the football coach and AD is the basketball coach. I thought Coach Bremer did a great job while coaching there. I heard through the Perry County grape vine that he left beacuse of the administration. I hear he still is a teacher at Miller but wants nothing to do with the coaching side of things.
Bremer is a good coach, he took a Miller team that went winless and in two years won at the Convo with those kids. Used to coach at Amanda as well. The FairHoPe tri-county has a lack of willing, qualified, and relatively young basketball coaches and he is one of them. I don't have any ties to him but I saw what he did at Miller and I thought he would've been a great fit for Fairfield Union.

Good luck Falcons. See ya in Hemlock on the 6th.

coachmc
Waterboy

Post by coachmc »

I agree Bremer is a good coach. I hear he is coaching somewhere in Columbus. I had heard Rader transfered to Trimble. I really dont know how true that is. I also heard the coach they had hired had some great coaching expereince but only as a assistant coach. Miller was going to be his first varsity job. So maybe it overwelmed him and he resigned.

Billybob55
JV Team

Post by Billybob55 »

It's gonna be a toss up between Waterford and Trimble. They are both very talented and experienced teams. Waterford has 8 seniors I believe and return 3 starters from last years team and many role players. Look for Tanner Pottmeyer and Cody Paxton to pace the wildcats this season

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

Trimble will win the league

Hardwood
JV Team

Post by Hardwood »

Coachmc Wahama has one of the best guards in the league. I doubt he will struggle with ball handling. Probably front runner for POY.

Return to “Boys Basketball”