Waterboy

Southern at wahama 1/24/14

Post by gahs_qb#72 »

Hard to win there

G.W.A.
All Conference

Re: Southern at wahama 1/24/14

Post by G.W.A. »

Last year southern won by 36 early in the season and then lost at wahama. Because they are not normally a title contender in the TVC its not talked about much but the wv officials that wahama always has make it the hardest place to win at in the TVC hocking year in and year out. I went to last years game and a wahama fan even told me that the boston celtics couldnt have beat us tonight with these refs........ and then he laughed

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

G.W.A. wrote:Last year southern won by 36 early in the season and then lost at wahama. Because they are not normally a title contender in the TVC its not talked about much but the wv officials that wahama always has make it the hardest place to win at in the TVC hocking year in and year out. I went to last years game and a wahama fan even told me that the boston celtics couldnt have beat us tonight with these refs........ and then he laughed
That is some funny stuff coming from a Southern fan. One thing for sure when you play at Southern is your best two or three players will be on the bench in foul trouble early and often. But since you brought it up, why don't you talk to the admin at Southern about a league assigner for officials. That would take care of the problem you claim there is at Wahama, and the rest of the league as well.

John Wooden
JV Team

Post by John Wooden »

M0TIVAT0R wrote:
G.W.A. wrote:Last year southern won by 36 early in the season and then lost at wahama. Because they are not normally a title contender in the TVC its not talked about much but the wv officials that wahama always has make it the hardest place to win at in the TVC hocking year in and year out. I went to last years game and a wahama fan even told me that the boston celtics couldnt have beat us tonight with these refs........ and then he laughed
That is some funny stuff coming from a Southern fan. One thing for sure when you play at Southern is your best two or three players will be on the bench in foul trouble early and often. But since you brought it up, why don't you talk to the admin at Southern about a league assigner for officials. That would take care of the problem you claim there is at Wahama, and the rest of the league as well.

I guess that explains all of Southern's tournament success? LMAO! How many years was the TVC around before Southern joined ? I guess it was their fault there was no league assigner before they joined the league? LMAO! I'm guessing from most of your posts you are negative towards teams and coaches that have probably spanked you over the years. LOL I didn't know GWA was from Southern? I thought he got busted out for proclaiming to be an all state football player on a team that didn't have any all state players the year he said ?

gahs_qb#72
Waterboy

Post by gahs_qb#72 »

First of all I didn't say anything about refs, second tournament has nothing to do with league play

Fan-o-Southern
Varsity

Post by Fan-o-Southern »

Well, the trend continues, Southern lost by 3, 57-54.

The Little General
Riding the Bench

Post by The Little General »

Oh no. This probably cements Southerns continued efforts to get us kicked out of the league.

Fan-o-Southern
Varsity

Post by Fan-o-Southern »

Wahama couldn't miss and Southern just couldn't get them to fall when they needed them to. Just how it goes.

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

John Wooden wrote:
M0TIVAT0R wrote:

I guess that explains all of Southern's tournament success? LMAO! How many years was the TVC around before Southern joined ? I guess it was their fault there was no league assigner before they joined the league? LMAO! I'm guessing from most of your posts you are negative towards teams and coaches that have probably spanked you over the years. LOL I didn't know GWA was from Southern? I thought he got busted out for proclaiming to be an all state football player on a team that didn't have any all state players the year he said ?
I never said i was a southern fan. I was just clearly stateing what a wahama fan named Bobby Green told me. I agree there should be a league assigner in the TVC.

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

John Wooden wrote:
I guess it was their fault there was no league assigner before they joined the league?
No, but the Hocking Division did not exist then. Now Southern and a few other schools are vehemently against a league assigner, and we all know there is but one reason for that.
I'm guessing from most of your posts you are negative towards teams and coaches that have probably spanked you over the years.
You could be referring to any Hocking Division fan not from Southern since they spank everyone at home at one time or another, again with the foul trouble issue mentioned earlier. :lol:
LOL I didn't know GWA was from Southern? I thought he got busted out for proclaiming to be an all state football player on a team that didn't have any all state players the year he said ?
Yes, he was busted out as a probably Southern poster trying to act like he was from Trimble, or somewhere other than Southern. I think he once stated, "...there is nothing worse than living in Racine..." :lol:

I guess that explains all of Southern's tournament success?
No, hiring refs who favor the home team does not preclude them from having a good team that has success in the tournament.

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

Yes, he was busted out as a probably Southern poster trying to act like he was from Trimble, or somewhere other than Southern. I think he once stated, "...there is nothing worse than living in Racine..."

Since i've lived in ross after moving from athens you prolly dont have a clue

Hardwood
JV Team

Post by Hardwood »

M0TIVAT0R wrote:

Not to take up for the Southern Administration because I'm not sure if they know much about sports or how they are voting on a league assigner. My question is would a league assigner really help? I see the same officials pretty much at other schools that Southern has. If you have a small pool of officials to chose from in SEO you are going to pretty much get the same officials. Most fans think they have an unfair advantage on the road at most of the TVC schools. I never heard anyone complaining about officials at Southern a few years back when they were losing all the time. I think people like excuses for losing. I have read on here people talking about officiating before a game is even played. Sounds like someone wanting an out in case their team does get beat to me.

chiefs
Varsity

Post by chiefs »

Hardwood wrote:
M0TIVAT0R wrote:

Not to take up for the Southern Administration because I'm not sure if they know much about sports or how they are voting on a league assigner. My question is would a league assigner really help? I see the same officials pretty much at other schools that Southern has. If you have a small pool of officials to chose from in SEO you are going to pretty much get the same officials. Most fans think they have an unfair advantage on the road at most of the TVC schools. I never heard anyone complaining about officials at Southern a few years back when they were losing all the time. I think people like excuses for losing. I have read on here people talking about officiating before a game is even played. Sounds like someone wanting an out in case their team does get beat to me.
Complicated question, but how are refs assigned for TVC-Hocking? All refs are in SE district, right?

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Hardwood wrote:
M0TIVAT0R wrote:

Well, here's how it boils down. Just like in football, those boys down in Racine round up the regulars from the barber shop and give them striped shirts and black pants. Them ol' boys know what to do to keep their 'does in the the game. Not urban legend, that's a well known fact.

The best TVC "officiating crew" of Farmer Yoder and Willie and Dewey Cheatem would be happy to go down to Racine for the right price and keep things favorable, but those boys have steep price on their head down Racine way, as the Tornadoes always seem to get retribution when they show up in Northern Washington County for that visit to H2OFord. Just Sayin! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :122245

John Wooden
JV Team

Post by John Wooden »

I think if you look at some of the tournament success of teams these negative posters are from says a lot about the posters credibility. lol

Steegal
Freshman Team

Post by Steegal »

John Wooden wrote:I think if you look at some of the tournament success of teams these negative posters are from says a lot about the posters credibility. lol
Now that is a comical statement right there. Well I should have plenty of credibility then and I will tell you I have seen many teams get the screws put to them in Racine. :12224

John Wooden
JV Team

Post by John Wooden »

Steegal wrote:
John Wooden wrote:I think if you look at some of the tournament success of teams these negative posters are from says a lot about the posters credibility. lol
Now that is a comical statement right there. Well I should have plenty of credibility then and I will tell you I have seen many teams get the screws put to them in Racine. :12224

I didn't know your team had much tournament success. I know you do a lot of crying on here though. It amazes me how people think there is a big conspiracy between schools and officials. Do these officials get extra money for pulling for the home schools? Why do other school's ADs hire these officials? Yes I have seen the same officials at Eastern, Southern and Meigs but yet they are swayed by the home team? LMAO. I have seen some of the officials that have done Southern games do regional games? I think some people like to cry no matter what? Some people like to cry on here under multiple user names to try and get more creditability. LOL Has a team every just got beat without it being the officials fault? LOL I guess whatever it takes to make you feel better? LOL

Scotty Hobart
Riding the Bench

Post by Scotty Hobart »

John Wooden wrote:
Steegal wrote:

I didn't know your team had much tournament success. I know you do a lot of crying on here though. It amazes me how people think there is a big conspiracy between schools and officials. Do these officials get extra money for pulling for the home schools? Why do other school's ADs hire these officials? Yes I have seen the same officials at Eastern, Southern and Meigs but yet they are swayed by the home team? LMAO. I have seen some of the officials that have done Southern games do regional games? I think some people like to cry no matter what? Some people like to cry on here under multiple user names to try and get more creditability. LOL Has a team every just got beat without it being the officials fault? LOL I guess whatever it takes to make you feel better? LOL
The underlined bold print statement above is probably why those schools and a few others in the TVC continue to claim there is no need for a league assigner in the TVC. They want to keep getting those home town favorites. As far as tournament success goes, teams have been getting the shaft at Southern since back when they advanced to the state tournament 30 years ago, so having tournament success does not mean a team does not get homer refs. So I agree that for anyone from Southern to complain about officiating at any other school is laughable.

The Dog
Freshman Team

Post by The Dog »

Them Racine boys aint never cheated nobody. Now you cant trust them danged Reedsville boys though. Just cause Glouster cant do nuthin in the tourny they gets on heer and cries about them refs a cheetin em.

Hardwood
JV Team

Post by Hardwood »

What is laughable is people randomly saying they get cheated at Southern. I would like to hear what game? What year? What happened that they got cheated? What was the score of the game? I guess Southern cheating is why they win the Hocking every year? Wait they have never won the league. I have watched them lose a few league championships on their home floor after beating the team they lost to at home on the road. People making a random statement is laughable to me. About like someone saying "They said" who is they?

Return to “Boys Basketball”