Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio -Week 1

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
LetsGoPSU
SE

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio -Week 1

Post by LetsGoPSU »

Im surprised that anyone from Ohio can read and write, the only thing you people ever studied in college was Ohio State football :) that being said, tounge in cheek of course, Ive missed the basketball banter you two have provided for all these years Glad I foound this sight!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

LetsGoPSU ... 93dog has one of those jobs where he has to be careful about being outted in a WikiLeaks information dump LOL so he has to tone it down some BUT if you read between the lines 93dog misses the back and forth we used to do on the huddle A LOT !!!! LOL ...

... oh yeh PSU!!! some of us Buckeyes CAN in fact read and write beyond "OH! IO!!" LOL ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Which "hoops contest" is everyone taking in from the Cheap Seats this evening????

... pfloyd will be heading to LHS tonight to watch Coach Helber's Logan Purple take on Coach Petty and the Bloom Carroll Bulldogs ...

... tough matchup for the Purple as Bloom Carroll has already taken the lid off their season with a season opening "W" over Lucasville Valley Friday night in the Zane Trace Tip Off Classic ... BC will come out playing a tough man to man, pressure defense looking to make runs out of the transition game ... the Bulldogs LIKE to push the ball offensively, an uptempo game plays into BC's hands ... look for the Bulldogs to play a very physical brand of bb - the NEW man on the block transfer from Lancaster Stephen Bridgeman leads the "put a body on you" brand of hoops ... Bridgeman teams up with sophomore Isaac McGlone to form a potent BC offensive attack (scoring 25 and 23 respectively in their opener vs Valley) ... McGlone CAN shoot the 3 ball but likes to get to the rim, while Bridgeman at 6-5 can AND does work in the paint, is very comfortable on the perimeter shooting the 3 ball (2 treys vs LVHS)... BC isn't as tall as in past years, is full of quality underclassmen (McGlone/Ireland/Van Atta ALL sophs getting MAJOR minutes- with Van Atta/McGlone as starters)...

... looking forward to seeing the brand of Purple hoops first year head coach John Helber and Asst. Greg Koons put on the floor ... the biggest issue tonight for LHS is that it is the first game for the Chiefs vs game 2 for the Bulldogs ... good luck to Coach Helber and the Purple tipping off the Helber Era of Logan Hoops ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Do I miss proving over and over again that I'm always right to Floyd? Sure.

Have I come to realize that you can never win an argument over a "Tree-hugging, Pink Floyd listening, 1960's-long haired liberal" from Logan? Uhhhhhh ...yea!

------------------------------------------

BTW FLOYD - Never one to leave the 'other' gender out in the cold when it comes to area hoops, I need to throw in a plug for perhaps the 'next great girls basketball team' in Southeastern Ohio. The 2013-2014 Eastern Eagles. Right now they have their own version of the infamous 'Rat Pack from Logan' brewing in Reedsville. 4 highly touted freshmen have helped spark the Eagles to an impressive (3-0) start, including wins over South Gallia (3-1) and a 57-55 win over 'The queens of the Hocking Division - Waterford' last night. Keep your eye on these gals (who take on girls basketball power-house Oak Hill at the Convo Saturday) Floyd ... They may be just overtake the 1991-1992 Logan Chieftains as the most succesfull Girls basketball team ever in Southeastern Ohio.

o.k, o.k ... I won't go that far ... but their gonna be pretty darn good ... :mrgreen:

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... 93dog! you start including "other gender" reports on the Elite 8 threads , I WILL start ranking the Morgan's/Fort Frye's of the world LOL ! ... but now that you have opened a can of worms ... BEFORE any girls teams can think about dethroning those 90's Logan teams of Katie Smith, Melissa Cooper, Tez Kraft, Tammy Hampshire, Jenny Mac, etc. they have to get it done on the court FIRST ... LOL ... personally I would love to see another "Katie Smith & Co. group" come out of Southern Ohio ... great to hear that Eastern has a quality group of youngsters that have the potential to show their skills on the Big Stage ... I'll be in Athens Saturday to take in the games at the Convo this weekend ... look forward to catching not only the boys games BUT also the "next Katie Smith led group" from Eastern ...

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

I will be partaking in the Zane Trace vs Southeastern tilt tonight in Londonderry.
Both teams were blown out in there openers and have a lot of young, inexpierenced players. Should at least be a good showcase of two good coaches.

bcnu
Freshman Team

Post by bcnu »

93/pfloyd,,, As a person who has seen both groups you are comparing.. Eastern has the most athletic class of girls I have seen in a long long time. But those Logan teams was just plan WOW. The Eastern girls have alot of potential to be great team. Let's not put that pressure on them just yet.. :-D

As far as them playing Oak Hill, I hope Eastern comes away "learning" something what it will take to reach their potential

classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

Eastern's potential is unlimited for the next few years

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

beecee - sorry ... didn't mean to pile on the pressure this early ... lol ... I was gonna wait a year or two - but what the heck.

Floyd - Just remember Saturday - the Eastern gals are mostly freshmen and the team they are facing is really, really good and experienced. And oh yea, I can't believe you pulled the Tez Craft name out of your hat ... lol ... I had Smith, Cooper and Hampshire - but couldn't remember the 'high-jumping forward' Kraft ... good one man.

Before we 'put the worms back in the can' and get back to the boys ...

Check out the Alexander girls Saturday and tell me if their PG looks familar ... She should - cause you and I we're scouting her ability about seven or eight years ago when she was just a young whipper-snapper schooling a team full of boys on the court at halftime during a District Tournament game. Besides Dante Jacksons' game winning three-point shot to beat Vinton County; her performance that day may have been the most impressive of all the players ... lol

HoundsAre4Real
JV Team

Post by HoundsAre4Real »

Manchester is 1-0 after beating CNE last Fri 67-58

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

pfloyd wrote:... 93dog! you start including "other gender" reports on the Elite 8 threads , I WILL start ranking the Morgan's/Fort Frye's of the world LOL ! ... but now that you have opened a can of worms ... BEFORE any girls teams can think about dethroning those 90's Logan teams of Katie Smith, Melissa Cooper, Tez Kraft, Tammy Hampshire, Jenny Mac, etc. they have to get it done on the court FIRST ... LOL ... personally I would love to see another "Katie Smith & Co. group" come out of Southern Ohio ... great to hear that Eastern has a quality group of youngsters that have the potential to show their skills on the Big Stage ... I'll be in Athens Saturday to take in the games at the Convo this weekend ... look forward to catching not only the boys games BUT also the "next Katie Smith led group" from Eastern ...

If I remember right--- Smith, Cooper,Craft,Hampshire all scored over 1,000 points at the varsity level

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... HoundsAre4Real ... thanks! I had the score recorded but mistakenly relied on my memory when typing up the list ...CNE is Clermont North East???? help me out on that one HR4R ...

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Clermont Northeastern

HoundsAre4Real
JV Team

Post by HoundsAre4Real »

Yes that is right Clermont Northeastern

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

SHL Scores: Manchester over Latham, 94 to 50

Ripley beats Bethel Tate, 72 to 61

Williamsburg beats Fayetteville, 59 to 47

Oak Hill squeaks by Whiteoak, 49 to 46.

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

South Gallia 61
Belpre 59

South Gallia was up double digits most of the game and help off a late rally to hang on against Belpre. South Gallia is now 2-0.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

TUESDAY Scores

Boys Basketball

Zane Trace 44
Southeastern 42

Huntington 47
Piketon 77

Adena 60
Paint Valley 73

Westfall 72 3 OT
Unioto 79

Manchester 94
Western Latham 50

Eastern Pike 60
Lucasville Valley 94

Miami Trace 61
Washington CH 45

McClain 37
Clinton Massie 51

Madison Plains
Hillsboro

Oak Hill 49
Whiteoak 46

Nelsonville York
Amanda

Wheelersburg 63
Jackson 45

Alexander 51
Vinton County 58

Bloom Carroll 62
Logan 56

South Gallia (2-0) 61
Belpre 59

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... more scores and finals ...

Minford 31
Ports Clay 29

Warren 49
Fort Frye 40

Marietta 79
New Philadelphia 70 2 OT

Waterford 50
Southern 49

Rock Hill 75
Ironton St Joe 67 OT

Gallia Academy 61
River Valley 45

Trimble W
Miller

Northwest 56
Ports ND 47

Last edited by pfloyd on Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

pfloyd wrote:... more scores and finals ...

Minford 31
Ports Clay 29

Warren 49
Fort Frye 40

Marietta 79
New Philadelphia 70 2 OT

Waterford 50
Southern 49

Rock Hill 75
Ironton St Joe 67 OT

Gallia Academy W
River Valley

Trimble W
Miller

Northwest 56
Ports ND 47

[img]http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/82/imagefn9.gif[/img
Seeing the html code for the hippo is like seeing KISS with their makeup off.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

^^^^^^^^^^^

LMAO !!!!

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”