Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio -Week 10

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
jgordon0315
JV Team

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio -Week 10

Post by jgordon0315 »

pfloyd wrote:
93Bulldog wrote:Logan Elm is 1, Warren is 2, Athens is 3 ...

didn't you get the memo, Floyd?

no reason for a 1a, 1b, 1c anymore ... :122249

What I got was that I should disregard anyone else and have my rankings look like this ...

1. Warren
2. Portsmouth

... as the Trojan's "body of work" is THAT much better than any of the other 70 teams Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line ... and we should disregard :

South Point 76
Portsmouth 58 final

... just sayin'

No need to get personal.....glad you think that highly of yourself.....I still do.....oh well..

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I think its worth noting ... NEW BOSTON did NOT receive the lowest seed in its sectional ... I guess the coaches think more of the Glennwood than its most famous alum ... lol

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

pfloyd wrote:Pfloyd's Top 10 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week 10

1. Warren (15-3)/ Athens (15-3)/Logan Elm (17-1)

2. Lucasville Valley (19-2)

3. Unioto (17-3)

4. Portsmouth (15-3)

5. Washington CH (15-3)

6. Minford (15-2)

7. Zane Trace (17-2)

8. Sheridan (14-4)
* interesting ... out of Pfloyd's TOP 10 ... 7 are DII ... where is the love for the 'little guys', Floyd?

:mrgreen:

wipala
Varsity

Post by wipala »

pfloyd wrote:
93Bulldog wrote:Logan Elm is 1, Warren is 2, Athens is 3 ...

didn't you get the memo, Floyd?

no reason for a 1a, 1b, 1c anymore ... :122249

What I got was that I should disregard anyone else and have my rankings look like this ...

1. Warren
2. Portsmouth

... as the Trojan's "body of work" is THAT much better than any of the other 70 teams Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line ... and we should disregard :

South Point 76
Portsmouth 58 final

... just sayin'

Well, if the Trojans are fortunate enough to win in the tourney and SP wins we will meet again and hopefully the results will be in the Trojans favor.

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

Im wondering what happens if Portsmouth is able to knock off Chilli and Minford this week............South Point was on Dec 17th, the Trojans are 12-1 since, that with a sweep of Florida

SOCMAN05
Freshman Team

Post by SOCMAN05 »

LetsgoPsu......... Was'nt aware Ports played Minford this week, do you know the date and location ? Would like to see this game !

Stryker
Riding the Bench

Post by Stryker »

Minford has 3 tough games this week and has to win at Oak Hill Tuesday night for the right to play for a share of the SOC title. If they lose Tuesday or Friday @ Valley they will finish 2nd in the league. They will host Portsmouth on this Saturday.

SOCMAN05
Freshman Team

Post by SOCMAN05 »

Thx for the Info stryker and Good Luck to the Falcons !

peeblesfan97
JV Team

Post by peeblesfan97 »

West Union @ Peebles tonight 2/10 in a make up game.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

pfloyd: I just hope when you come to Hatton Gymnasium (Chillicothe) on Tuesday that the Trojans shoot better from 3 point land than they did vs. your Chieftains......one of our poorest shooting nights of the season. We made 11 trifectas against Piketon and Ironton, and 10 against Martin Luther King.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

trojandave ...as of right now I will be there tomorrow night at the Hat to see the Trojans vs the Cavs ... I have only had the opportunity to see PHS the one time here in Logan ... with ANY young team consistency/inconsistency is an issue - that night the Trojans were off the mark vs the Purple ... I had seen the Trojans on video play a very good ball game vs Liberty Christian ... again youth equals inconsistency ... ups and downs ARE expected, Coach Collins & his staff have managed the inconsistencies perfectly court side this season ... you scolded me for not seeing PHS more this year, I'm on my way tomorrow night for round 2, 3 total counting the video ...

... one of the things that separates Portsmouth THIS season from my top 3 teams - Warren , Athens, Logan Elm and even Valley - and it has nothing to do with winning or losing obviously as all have been winning - it has to do with the consistency of play on the court ... Warren/Athens (I know they have youth but youth with a year + of varsity experience across the board coming into this year)/Logan Elm/Valley show consistent, mature, basketball play on the court ... Portsmouth yes, but to a lesser degree based on MY personal "eye tests" ...

...trojandave, I call 'em as "I" see 'em - as I see the teams on the court ... I'm a fan of hs hoops plain and simple , I'm as "neutral" a fan as you will find, I love "good" basketball no matter who the team(s) is/are ... imo , Portsmouth as good as they are - and they are good - are still a year away from the mature basketball consistency that I see in Warren/Athens/Logan Elm/Valley ...my rankings/my perceptions of teams have been trashed by some of the PHS fans , and I am going on my personal knowledge/'eye tests" when making comparisons, I have seen a lot of hoops in my days in the Cheap Seats and as I have posted in response to some of the PHS fan attacks there IS a separation in play from my top 3 and the rest of pack so to speak ... it is what it is, I see it , I have seen it ... no amount of bashing me/my rankings will change my "perception" of what I see/have seen on the court ... Portsmouth moved up this week to #4 - NOT because of fans bashing me/my rankings BUT because the PHS kids went out and played a great game vs a very good MLK squad - getting a quality "W" ...

... I'll see you tomorrow night at the Hat !!! it should be a very good game as Chillicothe is on my radar as one of those "young" teams that WILL be a team to watch next year Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line - right there with your Trojans !!!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Careful Floyd ... they may not let you in down at Portsmouth tomorrow.

(1) You had Ironton #1 all year last season.
(2) You have the Trojans too low this year.

lol

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... can't win for losing LOL ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

My bad ... better sit in the home stands on the Chilli side tomorrow Floyd ... lol

Bronc21
All Conference

Post by Bronc21 »

Chillicothe is very young. They have surprised me big time this year. It's a shame this team has no size. 4 different players have had 20+ pt nights with tommy bolte leading the way with 20-25 Pts a game at 6ft tall, the kid can dunk with the best of them. I still feel this team is 1-2 years away. Cavs have a very very talented 8th grade team that's gonna blend in well with this years 2 soph starters. Future looks bright for the cavs. Having played 5 games in the last week and a half, hopefully the cavs have some still left in the tank for tomorrow's game vs Portsmouth

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... I'll probably get there to see the JV game missing the Freshmen contest ... have to be careful though , when I take Mrs Pfloyd to Chillicothe it seems we always comeback to Logan with a dog from PetLand ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Logan Elm 68
Teays Valley 59 OT final

... Logan Elm is on the road AGAIN tomorrow night with a BIG MSL matchup at Bloom Carroll ...

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

The Teays Valley game was actually on the Reservation. Teays Valley played its tails off, and were pretty good defensively. Dillon Young makes a three to send it to OT, where the Braves rattle off the first 12 points.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Will I see you over in the new kennel on Tuesday, pfloyd?

WarriorBlue
Varsity

Post by WarriorBlue »

bman wrote:The Teays Valley game was actually on the Reservation. Teays Valley played its tails off, and were pretty good defensively. Dillon Young makes a three to send it to OT, where the Braves rattle off the first 12 points.
How does Teays Valkey compare to Sheridan/Vinton Co?

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”