North Adams Lady Devils - Tournament Edition

slamdunk
Varsity

North Adams Lady Devils - Tournament Edition

Post by slamdunk »

With the Lady Devils getting closer to their first game of the 2010 tournament, I thought I would start a new thread to discuss the Lady Devils during their tournament run! Let's hope it is a LONG one!

As many of you know, the Lady Devils got the #1 seed in the tournament! They will play in the sectional final game at Valley H.S. at 6:15. They will play the winner of the Westfall/West Union game. The game between Westfall/West Union will be on Wednesday, Feb. 17 at 8 pm.

A victory by NA on Saturday would be back to back sectional championships for them. I know I and the whole NA community is really looking forward to being there Saturday to help cheer these ladies on to victory!!!

GO LADY DEVILS!!!!
Last edited by slamdunk on Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thebull
Varsity

Re: North Adams Lady Devils - Tournament Edition

Post by thebull »

I will be there cant wait.

boomer633
Varsity

Post by boomer633 »

Hopefully the weather lightens up some so they can get some practice time in. Looking forward to seeing them back in action.

slamdunk
Varsity

Post by slamdunk »

Had a very good practice today! Three more days to prepare for the Sectional Final!

Now for the even better news! Our team was honored at the District Coaches meeting by naming: ........................

Rob Davis: Southeast District Division III Coach of the Year
and
Karli Beasley: Southeast District Division III Player of the Year

What a great honor for these two very deserving people!!!!! Great job Karli and Rob! Nice to see that people are recognizing all the hard work this team has put into this year!

boomer633
Varsity

Post by boomer633 »

Congratulations to Coach Davis and Karli. Those awards are well deserved.

slamdunk
Varsity

Post by slamdunk »

Let the games begin! West Union v. Westfall at 8pm at Valley High School is still on for tonight! Lady Devils will play the winner of this game!

slamdunk
Varsity

Post by slamdunk »

Well.....Let the games begin.....tomorrow night! Game postponed to tomorrow night! For the unreal story, check out my post on the sectional tournament games still being played thread. AMAZING!!!!

slamdunk
Varsity

Post by slamdunk »

The Lady Devils will face Westfall in the Sectional Championship game at Valley High School Saturday at 6:15.

Westfall defeated West Union this afternoon, 48 - 32, to advance to face North Adams. I was impressed with the Wipple girl from Westfall as she played a pretty impressive game for them.

GO LADY DEVILS!!!!

slamdunk
Varsity

Post by slamdunk »

The Lady Devils dominate Westfall tonight in the Sectional final with a 67 to 36 win. NA's defense was smothering all night and really gave Westfall trouble. Congrats to Ashley DeBord for being named the C103 Player of the Game! Very well deserved award! She was fantastic the entire game on the interior. All the ladies played well though tonight! Karli was good as always and everyone else contributed greatly on the defensive end.

The Lady Devils will continue their tournament run next Saturday at Noon at Waverly in the District Semi-final. They will take on Trimble, who upset Minford tonight in their sectional title game.

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

slamdunk.....Congrats to the Lady Devils

What is North Adams' record now?

slamdunk
Varsity

Post by slamdunk »

Keyser_soze78 wrote:slamdunk.....Congrats to the Lady Devils

What is North Adams' record now?

We are now 15 -5 on the season!

boomer633
Varsity

Post by boomer633 »

Congratulations to the Lady Devils and coaches. First back to back sectional titles in quite a while. The team as a whole played some of the best defense of the season and if I'm not mistaken 4 players were in double figures with Karli Beasley leading the way. Also a great crowd present from North Adams as well as Eastern Brown fans who stayed to support their fellow SHL team. The support being given to these girls from the community is outstanding.

slamdunk
Varsity

Post by slamdunk »

The North Adams community (or family actually is a better description) is so great!!!! The crowd at the game last night was OUTSTANDING!!!! I heard the Westfall folks talking about how awesome our crowd was last night! Of course, they didn't have many fans there at all! I think our crowd totally intimidated the Westfall players because of the overwhelming difference between our crowd and theirs. A big and loud crowd does make a difference!!!!!! When our crowd stood up for the introductions and stayed up until the first made basket, the Westfall crowd and yes even their players were almost in awe at the tremendous excitement and support our fans showed. Keep up the GREAT work fans!!!!

By the way, thanks to the Eastern Brown fans for their show of support to us during our game! It didn't go unnoticed by the team and it was very much appreciated! Let's Go SHL!!! Let's show everyone that our conference is one of the best in the Southeast District!!!

Chief Lefty
Waterboy

Post by Chief Lefty »

Where did you find your imformation on Coach Davis and Karli. District have not started yet.

slamdunk
Varsity

Post by slamdunk »

Chief Lefty wrote:Where did you find your imformation on Coach Davis and Karli. District have not started yet.

The District 14 meeting of coaches took place a couple weeks ago with these awards being voted on and decided then.

Chief Lefty
Waterboy

Post by Chief Lefty »

thx congrats

slamdunk
Varsity

Post by slamdunk »

Well, High Noon tomorrow.

The North Adams Lady Devils v. the Trimble Lady Tomcats @ Waverly's Downtown Gym in the District Semi-finals

North Adams fans, we need you tomorrow and for the remainder of the post season. You have been great throughout the season and your showing at the Sectional Title game last Saturday was AWESOME!!!! Let's show Trimble, Alexander, and Portsmouth West why you are the best fans in Southern Ohio!

The Lady Devils are as focused and as fired up as I have ever seen them! We had a great week of practice! Can't wait for the game tomorrow!

Let's Go Lady Devils!

slamdunk
Varsity

Post by slamdunk »

Well the game is cancelled for today. I guess Trimble couldn't get out! Game is rescheduled for tomorrow at 2 pm.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Correct, Trimbe is under a level 2 snow emergency and cannot travel.
The 1:45 game today is as scheduled.

slamdunk
Varsity

Post by slamdunk »

On to the Convo!!!!!! The Lady Devils pulled out a hard fought victory today over Trimble 52 to 42. NA shot terrible from both the free throw line and the field, but tremendous full court pressure by the Devils was the difference in the game. Congrats to Trimble on a very well played game as they really came to play and play well! Good defense all afternoon by them until the 4th where the Lady Devils pressure wore out the Lady Cats.

Next, the Lady Devils will face Alexander in the District Final at the Convo on Saturday, March 6th at 1 pm.

Go Lady Devils!!!!

Return to “Girls Basketball”