WV Governor Who Is Also A Head Coach For Girls Team Criticized For Calling Opponents Thugs

Omega
SEOPS H

WV Governor Who Is Also A Head Coach For Girls Team Criticized For Calling Opponents Thugs

Post by Omega »

From WV MetroNews:

CHARLESTON, W.Va. — Gov. Jim Justice said he didn’t make a racial slur when he called members of the Beckley Woodrow Wilson girls basketball team “a bunch of thugs.”

WVMetroNews.com file photo

Gov. Jim Justice
Justice released a statement Wednesday afternoon after his initial comments that came right after the heated game between Justice’s Greenbrier East girls team and Woodrow.

“My definition of a thug is clear – it means violence, bullying, and disorderly conduct. And we, as West Virginians, should have zero tolerance for this kind of behavior. Anyone that would accuse me of making a racial slur is totally absurd,” Justice, the Spartans head coach, said Wednesday.

The controversy began when Woodrow assistant coach Gene Nabors got into an altercation behind his team’s bench. Head coach Brian Nabors later took his team off the floor. Justice’s team was leading by six points at the time. The game was in the fourth quarter. The referees suspended the contest.

Justice said again Wednesday his team did nothing wrong.

“I’m extremely proud that my coaches, my team, and myself were not involved in this incident in any way, shape, form, or fashion and I’m truly saddened that the Woodrow kids had to be subjected to this behavior,” Justice said.

http://wvmetronews.com/2020/02/12/justi ... -governor/

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
baseball16
All State

Re: WV Governor Who Is Also A Head Coach For Girls Team Criticized For Calling Opponents Thugs

Post by baseball16 »

When did that become a racial slur?

A thug to me is a person that goes against authority, bullies others , and loves to fight.

rxburgfan
All State

Re: WV Governor Who Is Also A Head Coach For Girls Team Criticized For Calling Opponents Thugs

Post by rxburgfan »

Everyone knows what a thug is. It’s not racist. Maybe you’re trying to be a thug by telling him he can’t say thug.

Bulldog84
All Conference

Post by Bulldog84 »

In this day and age you must speak proper English at all times. One is constantly being watched. I can only imagine what this world will be like when my kids enter adulthood.

Stop making excuses and start making things happen!
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

He meant slugs

Seopnation
Freshman Team

Post by Seopnation »

Bulldog84 wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:12 pm In this day and age you must speak proper English at all times. One is constantly being watched. I can only imagine what this world will be like when my kids enter adulthood.
you can't use "kids" otherwise youd be calling children barnyard animals. :lol:

Bulldog84
All Conference

Post by Bulldog84 »

Seopnation wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:28 pm
Bulldog84 wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:12 pm In this day and age you must speak proper English at all times. One is constantly being watched. I can only imagine what this world will be like when my kids enter adulthood.
you can't use "kids" otherwise youd be calling children barnyard animals. :lol:
Sad, but that is what it’s come to.😂

Stop making excuses and start making things happen!
baseball16
All State

Post by baseball16 »

I am offended by people who get easily offended.

Return to “Girls Basketball”