(Boys) Southeast District Soccer Schedules, scores, etc.

Smeltzy
Varsity

Re: (Boys) Southeast District Soccer Schedules, scores, etc.

Post by Smeltzy »

acm.................Fairfield Union hosts Liberty Union on the 19th. That`s their only game this week.

pele
Waterboy

Post by pele »

I heard Warren's Caleb Jones was injured in their win over Athens from his goal. Anybody heard anything?

gt13osu
Varsity

Post by gt13osu »

9/12

Alexander 5
Circleville 0

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

pele wrote:Morgan is terrible. I watched warren beat them 13-0 and they scored three times on Belpre. The warren coach didn't even play the starters for 50% of the game. Don't try to make belpre sound good because they have one exchane student who is apparently an exceptional player, atleast for belpre standards anyways.

The point was made that Belpre would get destoryed by Ohio teams. Morgan County is an Ohio team and we do have a win over a Ohio team, maybe not as impressive as others, but a win none the less. And last year, Athens beat us 11-0, 9-0 at the half, this year it was closer, 5-0 and 2-0 at the half. Our exchange student isn't a defensive player and he didn't have any shots on goal, our underclassmen did. Plus, this isn't the first year we have had an exchange student on our team.

Improvement is not always measured in wins and losses. You sound like an ex-Belpre Rec league parent or player that wasn't willing to go thru the growing pains of starting a program from scratch and needed the comfort of an established program. There are several players at Warren that went thru the Rec program at Belpre.

Programs have to start sometime and ours is starting. Will we be here 10 years from now? Time will tell but until then, the kids are doing their best to improve their skills and folks are working at Belpre to keep the program going.

Its sad when others won't recoginize the hard work needed to bring soccer into our school systems, especially a small school like Belpre.

pele
Waterboy

Post by pele »

All rec soccer leagues are a joke if you're wanting to have an output of quality soccer players come from it. The only key players on a Warren or Marietta or Chillicothe highschool team are players that have played club ball for several years. Physical ability is only one small aspect of soccer. Unlike football, a good soccer player has to think ahead and know exactly what he or she wants to do with the ball before they receive it. Football players are told exactly what to do every thirty seconds. Soccer is an everchanging game. I've watched my kids play for years now and the one thing i've noticed when watching highschool is that players that have experienced club ball are so much faster in their thinking.

Marietta has 4 key players. Hill, Morrison, Stollar, and Schwendeman. Warren too has four. Scott, Jones, Frame, and Starner. Chilli this year only has 2 stand outs. Basil and Skrownek. All 10 of these players have played club soccer. Except for Frame and one of the Chilli players (not sure which one), the other 8 all won a state championship with their club team and advanced to the regional tournament.

Athens' offense this year is not a threat at all. Think that could be a reason for them beating Belpre by a lesser margin this year compared to last. Also, just because there is an exchange student, it does not mean that they are any good. For example, Warren this year has an exchange student that is on jv. As they have also had so so exchange students in the past.

gt13osu
Varsity

Post by gt13osu »

Alexander 9
Belpre 1

Casey Doudna had 4 tallies for the Spartans.

darKnight
Riding the Bench

Post by darKnight »

9/12 Warren 1, Athens 0

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

pele...

Several of the names you mentioned I remember from being in rec ball at Belpre. I agree that travel ball helps out the player but only when there is good coaching. Sadly, too many dads that don't have a clue about the game and they coach some of these teams so nothing is gained other than their kid gets more touches. Many travel teams are a 2 or 3 man show.

Nobody said Belpre was a great team. But folks like you don't feel that they are even worthy of stepping on the pitch to play. I can remember just 4 years ago, Belpre had no one that could successfully head the ball on a constant basis. Now it is something they try to do when they cross the ball in the box. Do we do it well? Sometimes, but we are at least trying. We attempt to do this because we see other, better, teams doing it and having success with it so they try to do the same.

I can remember when the programs you mentioned stuck to high heaven as coed teams when they ventured out to play better teams as they started their high school programs. Through the hard work of the earlier players and coaches, they helped pave the way for the programs to become better even though they suffered thru embrassing losses. Don't feel that these programs today have success soley because of today's players. Somebody else built the programs to where they are so today's players can experience greater successes then the earlier programs had.

Stop hating and start supporting soccer in Southeast Ohio regardless of what school it is played at; that is the only way schools from south of I-70 will gain respect in the hotbed areas like Columbus etc.

JMO.
Last edited by mister b on Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

gt13osu wrote:Alexander 9
Belpre 1

Casey Doudna had 4 tallies for the Spartans.

Doudna did a nice job from the backside and his teammates did good in finding him. Hats off to them in playing good, basic soccer.

Best of lot to the Spartans in the rest of the season. Hopefully, we meet up in the sectional.

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

9/14 scores

New Boston Glenwood 2 Beaver Eastern Pike 0
Chillicothe Unioto 2 Lucasville Valley 2
Marietta 1 Parkersburg South, W.Va. 0

socman
Varsity

Post by socman »

Waverly 8 West 1
JV Waverly 7 West 1

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

9/15

Belpre 10 Shenandoah 2

pele
Waterboy

Post by pele »

Ok first off, like i already said, ALL rec is pointless, not just the belpre rec league. I don't care if players played rec at belpre, that doesn't mean anything. They don't live in the proper location to attend belpre high school so what's your point.

The U-17 boys RVSC club team that was coached by a college coach made it to the regional tournament. Other teams from RVSC did not make it to regionals because, like you said, the coaching isn't there. Now i'm not saying the players on the other teams are bad, i'm just saying they haven't experienced the privilege of having solid coaching since such a young age.

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

9/15 scores

Minford 7 Lucasville Valley 0
Chillicothe 6 Ashville Teays Valley 2
Hilliard Davidson 5 Lancaster 0

soccerfanatic
Freshman Team

Post by soccerfanatic »

Athens 4 - Gallia 2 (@ Gallia)

wemufans
All Conference

Post by wemufans »

South Point 1-1 tie with Ironton St. Joe

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

More 9/15 scores

Washington Court House Miami Trace 5 Washington Court House 2
Greenfield McClan 4 Clarksdale Clinton Massie 3
London Madison Plains 2 Hillsboro 1
Wheelersburg 3 Scioto Northwest 0
Macon Eastern Brown 8 Leesburg Fairfield 1

soccernut
Freshman Team

Post by soccernut »

pele wrote:Ok first off, like i already said, ALL rec is pointless, not just the belpre rec league. I don't care if players played rec at belpre, that doesn't mean anything. They don't live in the proper location to attend belpre high school so what's your point.

A good solid rec program gets kids ready to go to the next level. You can't just pick 15 kids out of high school and a "college coach" take them to a state title. It takes time to learn ball skills. You are way off base.

old_horse
JV Team

Post by old_horse »

acm
Lynchburg Clay 4 Leesburg Fairfield 1

Sept. 18 Lynchburg Clay at Eastern Brown
Sept. 19 Lynchburg Clay at Miami Trace
Sept. 22 Western Brown at Lynchburg Clay
Sept. 23 West Union at Lynchburg Clay
Sept. 25 Fayetteville at Lynchburg Clay

LC 3-0-1 wins over Hillsboro, Ripley and Fairfield, tie with Greenfield

pele
Waterboy

Post by pele »

The only thing you actually learn in rec is the rules of the game, sometimes not even that. A lot of kids haven't even learned proper technique for passing and striking a ball. Rec is intended for the purpose of having fun, and nothing's wrong with, that everyone likes to have fun, but that's why kids don't learn much. Many of the coaches have never even played the sport prior to going out and coaching a team.

Return to “Soccer”