Freshman Team

DII and DIII Tournament Scores

Post by preps_fan1980 »

Post here

old_horse
JV Team

Re: DII and DIII Tournament Scores

Post by old_horse »

May not have anything to report. We have only one official and have had two refuse the game. Not sure why? Distance? Game will be a no pressure affair. Anyone else having a problem?

soccerfix
Varsity

Post by soccerfix »

And you are affiliated with what school?

drrabbit
All State

Post by drrabbit »

Wheelersburg 5 West 0

old_horse
JV Team

Post by old_horse »

Lynchburg-Clay Lady Mustangs 5 West Union Lady Dragons 0

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

tough loss for clay. looks and sound like it was a good game. i agree totally about the officiating. problem is too many games and not enough officials. it is always important to try and win by more than one goal on the road. officials may make a difference in one goal but usually not more than that.

BeAWarrior
Riding the Bench

Post by BeAWarrior »

Can you give me the goal scorers for the Clay/Nb match?

Also, I need scores and stats for the Clay/Nb match on 10-1

Thanks!

my2cents
S

Post by my2cents »

From an email

Valley 2 - Eastern Pike (Beaver) 0

ssusoccer
Varsity

Post by ssusoccer »

North Adams-3
Northwest-1
Final

vballsoccer178
JV Team

Post by vballsoccer178 »

my2cents wrote:New Boston 3 Clay 2

We had him in the SW game and he called it the same way...

Check the books - "Mr. Lawson" did not officiate any game between South Webster & Clay. Also New Boston runs a trap so there are going to be a lot of offside calls.

silverstreak
Waterboy

Post by silverstreak »

DIII boys / SE

#2 Eastern Brown 3
#7 Fairfield-Leesburg 0 Final

1-0 EB at the half

my2cents
S

Post by my2cents »

vballsoccer178 wrote:
my2cents wrote:New Boston 3 Clay 2

We had him in the SW game and he called it the same way...

Check the books - "Mr. Lawson" did not officiate any game between South Webster & Clay. Also New Boston runs a trap so there are going to be a lot of offside calls.

I stand corrected on the SW game. I was told by the coach and players it was the same guy, but I checked my photos and it wasn't.

I watched some video taken from a digital camera and 2 offsides were captured and both were legit. Like I said before, the refs didn't give the game to one team or the other, but why assign a former player from 2 years ago to call the game. Actually the worst call of the night was from the other guy when clay had a breakaway and the NB player came up behind him and they both fell at the 22. He called the Clay player, who had the ball, for tripping.

Btw, Clay was trapping too, but when you get burnt on two no calls you have to give it up.

vballsoccer178
JV Team

Post by vballsoccer178 »

I agree with you my2cents that they should not assign an official that is a recent graduate of that school to officiate the game. That is just a bad situation. Someone on the district board assigns the games. Really they should do a 3 man system, but they claim they don't have enough officials for that

Sounds like it was a good game. Clay should have a good future since they are not losing any seniors right?

-varsity-
JV Team

Post by -varsity- »

In defense of Mr. Lawson, He graduated in 2006 and didnt play with any of the boys on the New Boston soccer team. A few of them may have been ball boys when Lawson was playing, but nothing more. And in all fairness to the game, its a soccer tournament game and its going to more physical than a regular season game because both teams know whats at stake. I dont care who the teams that would be playing each other. If there is an alumni ref, the losing team will put most if not all the blame on him. Give the guy a break, a game cant be called perfect. Theres no way. Yeah, there were probably a few calls that could have went the other way, but nothing that really would have changed the outcome of the game. New Boston simply outplayed Clay. The goalie from New Boston played extremly well. I've heard hes only had around a half a game of experience prior to last night. He protected his goal very well. On the flipside, Clay was somewhat competitive but some players made it seem like they gave up to soon. The goalie from Clay was getting a little frustrated with the Tigers Offense. He was getting mad with some of the New Boston players. A player for the Tigers got in a little of a confrontation with him on the field from what I seen.

Good Luck Tigers!

xb1srw2
Freshman Team

Post by xb1srw2 »

vballsoccer178 wrote:I agree with you my2cents that they should not assign an official that is a recent graduate of that school to officiate the game. That is just a bad situation. Someone on the district board assigns the games. Really they should do a 3 man system, but they claim they don't have enough officials for that

Sounds like it was a good game. Clay should have a good future since they are not losing any seniors right?

OHSAA doesn't require a 3 man until Districts I believe.
Sectionals are permitted 2 man.
Doing the financial math, schools make little off of the gate in tourneys but have to pay for the refs. 2 man maes fiscal sense if that is all that is required.
I am 100% in favor of never having 2 BTW, I think 3 is the only way to go.

preps_fan1980
Freshman Team

Post by preps_fan1980 »

i agree. i know it cost money, but it is no question that the 3 man system is best. i would like to see this in every game...but the money is an issue, and also the lack of officials to run a 3 man sysytem.

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

refs will continue to be a problem. the league is losing two senior officials this season. percell and miller are retiring. miller has been a soccer official for many years and percell his partner. this loss makes the ref field even shorter.

both will be missed for their years of service and commitment to local game of soccer. i hope retirement treats them well.

jcbigblue
Freshman Team

Post by jcbigblue »

Warren - 6
Unioto - 1

soccerfanatic
Freshman Team

Post by soccerfanatic »

Athens 4 - Gallia 1

jumphigh