SE

Re: TOP 5 COACHES (SE) Ohio

Post by bengalfan76 »

BadVlad what the heck does that mean?

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

I'm not listing him with anyone. Just stating facts. Piketon is a championship team because they have a dominate pitcher. He can throw in Sectional, district semis and last year in finals for 3-4 innings. If his arm holds up they will be right there again this yr and next.

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

Regulator you can say that about any pitcher in the SE district. No question Zach has made Piketon a championship team. Not hard to figure that out. However, if you can promise we will be in the regional finals again we will take it. Piketon returns 9 of the 10 kids who started last years regional. A year stronger and older. Kids are working extremely hard. I agree put a dominate pitcher on any team and they are very good. However, it took the entire team to Beat Eastern Brown, Meigs, Portsmouth, and St. Clairsville. And we lost as a team to a dominate Burg team. The mindset has changed at Piketon. Is it because of the coach? doubt it. One player? Doubt it. Hard working kids and parents who support baseball? You bet.

There are many great coaches who never get a change to coach a kid at that caliber, or never get a chance to play in a regional final. Do I consider myself one of the eliites? abosutely not. My kids do exactly what we ask, work very hard and play the game whenever they can. Not many options in Pike Co to play so we have to manufacture them.

Like I said before there are some great coaches in the SE district that would do a great job at some of the best programs in the state. We are all fighting the same battles here. Some communities are more supportive than others. Without putting down individual schools. Maybe we should try to promote the game to every kid in the area.

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

Maybe you should not get so defensive.

Piketon Baseball would be a mediocre team without the one dominant pitcher they have.
FACT

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

Not defensive just dont like people getting on here and hidding behind fake names and mouthing kids and programs.... Read some of the garbage in some of these threads on here. I can deal with it. lol Kids shouldnt have to. Your right I have a dominate pitcher. This will be my 4th year as HC. Like I said in know way should I be mentioned in the elite coaches. However, our program is getting better and moving in right direction.

Go ahead swing away. Im done defending.

Tim Hardaway Jr.
JV Team

Post by Tim Hardaway Jr. »

Larry Burke at marietta. Been there a long time and coached some great players/teams.

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

ohiobaseball25 wrote:Larry Burke at marietta. Been there a long time and coached some great players/teams.
I played JV ball for Coach Burke and was on his first Varsity team. Great Coach and even better person.

Homecourt23
Waterboy

Post by Homecourt23 »

southernohsportsfan wrote:That could be true. I'm not sure. Judd's boy played for the Jr. team this past summer as a freshman. He's an up and coming talent. Gonna be a good one.
Thats a rhetorical statement right?

ChillSoftball
Freshman Team

Post by ChillSoftball »

Don't forget Marty Dunn at Chillicothe. He has been at the school since the late 80s. He has had a lot of ups and downs, but he impeccable character and is a great coach. He is the only coach to have been with the Chillicothe Paints every season since their inception. His win totals would be up there. He has struggled with his program since '05' when Chillicothe cut spring sports.

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

Purple Gold wrote:5 District Titles in a row! Ryan Lemley at Southern.
also 5 straight years of being outcoached within his own league which he cant win.

love/of/ball
Waterboy

Post by love/of/ball »

Just my opinion:
Coach Martin-Minford.
Coach Schuler-Valley.
Coach Estep-Burg.
Coach Bumgardner-Piketon.
Coach Lemley-Southern.

Publius
Waterboy

Post by Publius »

Southern won a league title in 2007, so its only 4 straight years of being out coached and having to settle for district titles and regional runner ups

1wish
Waterboy

Post by 1wish »

Brian Bowen- Reessville Eastern not only a good coach but made the program what it is today in Reedsville

Wildcat5
Waterboy

Post by Wildcat5 »

Jason Wright is not in the top 5 baseball coaches in SEO.

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

Wildcat5 wrote:Jason Wright is not in the top 5 baseball coaches in SEO.

I dont know I think he does a good job......

CharlieHustle
All Conference

Post by CharlieHustle »

Regulator wrote:Maybe you should not get so defensive.

Piketon Baseball would be a mediocre team without the one dominant pitcher they have.
FACT

Who do you think manages the pitching staff so they dont get overworked ? It happens all the time with high school kids . Bumgardner did a good job at that last year and had Farmer at full strength for district and regional . Adena tried to overwork their ace in the 89 state finals and it really cost them , his arm was done . Piketon also has some other good players so they wouldn't neccesarily be mediocre without Farmer .

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

Ryan Lemley is a good coach. Southern struggled before him!!!

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

Thing that hurts Wright is he has bounced around to too many schools. Had he stayed with one school maybe be more in the discussion. He has had success where ever he has been.

Charlie hustle
Freshman Team

Post by Charlie hustle »

G.W.A. wrote:
Purple Gold wrote:5 District Titles in a row! Ryan Lemley at Southern.
also 5 straight years of being outcoached within his own league which he cant win.

I would say Ryan Lemley winning 5 straight district titles is a little more impressive than you pretending to be an all stater. He actually won them as opposed to your fansities.

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

futurebkstar wrote:Ryan Lemley is a good coach. Southern struggled before him!!!
You must be new in town, Southern has been loaded since the 70's with talented baseball players and has never had a good coach. You go to the games and watch him and you will see.

Return to “Baseball”