Piketon 0.. vs Wheelersburg 10... Regional final

KVDW
SE

Re: Piketon 0.. vs Wheelersburg 10... Regional final

Post by KVDW »

yeah, i'm a crybaby that has allegiance to all of southeastern ohio come tournament time and cry for sad sacks like you that refuse to grow up.
so, w'burg beat your team a few times in the tournament :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18
so hate them forever for it.
you do know that when w'burg gets beat later then that that makes Adena look even weaker in the state as a whole don't you. it's much nicer to say that you got beat by the state champs than to say you got beat by the 14th runner-up. heck the state champs beat everybody not just us.

i'll root for whoever is still in from seo this time of year. you should try it..... you'll feel better. :-D

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

confidence and winning tradition often viewed as cocky from the losing squad. most of the time pirates are just not suprised they win. redstreaks gave it a good run but the run will only end with one left standing. pirates are one of the four left standing.

lrn4lf
Riding the Bench

Post by lrn4lf »

Good Luck to the burg at state! They should win it all! They have been practicing since last year at this time. They all play fall ball and winter ball so they are prepared to win the whole thing!

R-STREAK
Riding the Bench

Post by R-STREAK »

Good Luck Pirates....Win the STATE....

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

The urg is a very good teim who is capable of winning the whole thing. They have been to they have been ro the final four 3 times in the last 4 seasons. Let's go burg win it all

BigOrangeOne
S

Post by BigOrangeOne »

lrn4lf wrote:Good Luck to the burg at state! They should win it all! They have been practicing since last year at this time. They all play fall ball and winter ball so they are prepared to win the whole thing!
Some of them played football and basketball didn't they?

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Yes, there are only a few that do not play either football or basketball.

Air Force I
Waterboy

Post by Air Force I »

Congratulations to Coach Estep and the rest of the Pirate crew. This program really does things right, they continue to be successful year in and year out. When you think they won't be very good after losing seven starters, they come back and are right back in Final Four the next year. I think a lot of programs need to look at what Coach Estep and his crew is doing, because obviously it is working and those young men are selling out to what their coach tells them. He always has a fundamentally sound team, respectful on and off the field, and a team that respects the game on and off the field. He teaches them the way the game should be played, sprinting on and off the field in between innings, not looking sloppy when they arrive, and showing respect. Coach Estep, Coach Heimbach, Coach Conn and the other coaches have done the little things right and you can really tell that it pays off for them each and every year. Many high school teams would love to make it to the state once every four years, but this program has done it 3 out of the past 4 years and I'm sure Coach Estep has made it known that they shouldn't take anything for granted. I am pulling for the Orange and Black this weekend. Go Burg! Bring that hardware back to Southern Ohio, you guys deserve it!

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Air Force I wrote:Congratulations to Coach Estep and the rest of the Pirate crew. This program really does things right, they continue to be successful year in and year out. When you think they won't be very good after losing seven starters, they come back and are right back in Final Four the next year. I think a lot of programs need to look at what Coach Estep and his crew is doing, because obviously it is working and those young men are selling out to what their coach tells them. He always has a fundamentally sound team, respectful on and off the field, and a team that respects the game on and off the field. He teaches them the way the game should be played, sprinting on and off the field in between innings, not looking sloppy when they arrive, and showing respect. Coach Estep, Coach Heimbach, Coach Conn and the other coaches have done the little things right and you can really tell that it pays off for them each and every year. Many high school teams would love to make it to the state once every four years, but this program has done it 3 out of the past 4 years and I'm sure Coach Estep has made it known that they shouldn't take anything for granted. I am pulling for the Orange and Black this weekend. Go Burg! Bring that hardware back to Southern Ohio, you guys deserve it!
The coaches and parents in the jr. high and little league programs are a big part of the success too. Any high school coach has to appreciate incoming freshmen that already know the fundamentals and have a winning attitude. There are always several Burg little league teams that win the District 11 title and go to state in various age groups.

wink
JV Team

Post by wink »

When, where and what time do they play again?

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Thursday, June 2 - Championship Semifinals
(Click on match-up to view box score)
10:00 a.m. Perrysburg (22-3) vs. Willoughby South (25-5)
1:00 p.m. Grove City (22-9) vs. Liberty Twp. Lakota East (21-7)
4:00 p.m. New Middletown Springfield (17-6) vs. Delphos St. John's (17-4)
7:00 p.m. Minster (21-8) vs. Newark Catholic (22-5)

Friday, June 3 - Championship Semifinals
10:00 a.m. Plain City Jonathan Alder (23-3) vs. Columbus St. Francis DeSales (18-9)
1:00 p.m. Akron Archbishop Hoban (17-7) vs. Parma Heights Holy Name (17-3)
4:00 p.m. Wheelersburg (26-2) vs. Cincinnati Madeira (21-1)
7:00 p.m. Canton Central Catholic (24-8) vs. Defiance Tinora (24-3)

Saturday, June 4 - Championship Finals
10:00 a.m. Division I Final
1:00 p.m. Division IV Final
4:00 p.m. Division II Final
7:00 p.m. Division III Final

They play at Huntington Park in Columbus. Very easy to find right off Rt 315 or you can go straight up High Street to the Arena District as well. Directions are on the link below.

http://www.ohsaa.org/FanGuide/directions.htm#BB

wink
JV Team

Post by wink »

Thanks

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

Best of luck to the entire team and coaches.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Good luck Pirates in the State semi-finals.

Bring home the Gold trophy

PinchRunner1
Waterboy

Post by PinchRunner1 »

4th n Goal wrote:The coaches and parents in the jr. high and little league programs are a big part of the success too. Any high school coach has to appreciate incoming freshmen that already know the fundamentals and have a winning attitude. There are always several Burg little league teams that win the District 11 title and go to state in various age groups.
That's exactly right. You're going to have a strong high school team every year when you have a youth program that is as developed as Wheelersburg's. And if you take a look at the Post 23 rosters, you'll see another big reason why Burg makes deep runs in the tournament every year. There are 11 kids playing for the Jr/Sr Legion teams this summer. That 60-70 extra games every year gives a kid so much more experience that it makes them more prepared than the average player. That's an extra 100-150 AB's in the summer alone. And against some very good talent..

They're cocky because they've been there before. They walk into a ballpark every day and EXPECT to win. There's nothing wrong with being cocky...It's only a problem if it becomes arrogance. And I believe that arrogance is one thing that the entire Burg coaching staff does not tolerate. And this coaching staff does a tremendous job with these kids. Coach Estep is a good friend and I've played with and against most of the rest of the staff. I played with Coach Sutton for 3 seasons at Rio Grande.

In my opinion, Burg is a lot like the Yankees. People hate them because they win. And the way I see it is that you may hate them, but you've gotta respect a team that wins year in, and year out.

Good Luck in Columbus!
Last edited by PinchRunner1 on Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Pocket Aces
S

Post by Pocket Aces »

Good luck at state!

Return to “Baseball”