TVC-TOP 6: AFTER WEEK 1

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

TVC-TOP 6: AFTER WEEK 1

Post by 93Bulldog »

Well, since we don't have Pfloyd following baseball - and there seems to be a lack of posters throwing out opinions this spring ... I'll jump out on a limb and take the critisism to conjure up a top 6 rankings for the TVC each week.

THE LIST CAN BE FOUND ON THE TVC WEB SITE HOME PAGE EVERY SUNDAY: http://trivalleyconference.com/

WEEK ONE

1. Meigs Marauders (6-1) ... Off to a great start, the defending TVC-Ohio champs swept a solid Wahama team to begin the season, knocked off Warren 15-4, beat a good Trimble team 6-5 in Glouster and swept previously unbeaten Eastern Saturday. The lone loss for the Marauders was a 8-4 set-back to Gallia Academy (6-3).

2. Athens (3-1) ... The Bulldogs seem to always put a quality team on the field year in and year out - but with the addition of Chris Ford this year - they have a really good squad that should contend for a TVC-Ohio title. Wins over Marietta, Logan and Maysville has Athens in the No. 2 spot - but a showdown with Meigs on Thursday - kind of puts that No. 1 spot up for grabs next week.

3. Southern (6-0) ... Its hard to argue an undefeated team being any lower than No. 3 - and after looking over their schedule again - maybe they should have been in the No. 1 spot. The Tornadoes swept Gallia Academy to open the season, followed those wins up with a victory over Wahama, and then rattled off three straight over South Gallia, Roane County and Waterford. If Southern goes 3-0 in the upcoming week against Eastern, Fed Hock and Belpre - they may just leap over both Athens & Meigs no matter what either one of those teams do.

4. Eastern (3-2) ... The Eagles were undefeated until they were swept by Meigs Saturday. Eastern had knocked off Trimble, River Valley, Wellston and were leading Federal Hocking 6-5 in the 8th when the game was suspended due to darkness. A game with Southern Monday should shed some light on to how good the Eagles are.

5. Alexander (3-2) ... Knocking off Jackson, Warren and Logan is a pretty good start to the season for the Spartans. They did however drop their first game of a double header to Logan 8-1 Saturday - and lost the season opener to Marietta 4-3.

6. Federal Hocking (3-2) ... The Lancers appeared to be on the outside looking in until it swept Wellston Saturday. They suffered a 5-0 set-back to unbeaten Zane Trace last week and dropped a 4-2 decision to Belpre with Drew Nestor on the hill for the Golden Eagles. They take on Trimble, Southen and Wahama over a 4-day stretch this week - and although its early - it could be a make-or-break-week for Federal Hocking.

Charlie hustle
Freshman Team

Re: TVC-TOP 6: AFTER WEEK 1

Post by Charlie hustle »

I think you have to put Southern in front of Meigs. Meigs losing to Gallia Academy and Southern beating them twice. It is a shame Meigs won't play Southern this year so we will never know head to head what team would win.

Publius
Waterboy

Post by Publius »

Southern should not be number one and will not complete this week undefeated, Eastern wins big tomorrow night.

Charlie hustle
Freshman Team

Post by Charlie hustle »

Publius wrote:Southern should not be number one and will not complete this week undefeated, Eastern wins big tomorrow night.

We will see tomorrow how big Eastern wins by.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Charlie Hustle wrote:I think you have to put Southern in front of Meigs. Meigs losing to Gallia Academy and Southern beating them twice. It is a shame Meigs won't play Southern this year so we will never know head to head what team would win.
I may have 'dropped the ball' on the week one rankings ... I have to be honest here; I overlooked the Southern/Gallia outcome after I had already uploaded the rankings on trivalleyconference.com ... But I left the door open for Southern to make the leap to No. 1 if they sweep their week 2 opponents.

Its always tough for a 'small school' to jump to the top of any rankings - I'm gonna make the Tornadoes earn that No. 1 spot ... :mrgreen:

Hopper 11
JV Team

Post by Hopper 11 »

Its always tough for a 'small school' to jump to the top of any rankings - I'm gonna make the Tornadoes earn that No. 1 spot ...

All those days you spent at the Convo with Pfloyd rubbed off on you. lol. You was on him all basketball season for not putting the Tornadoes up higher and now you do the same in baseball. lol

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Good idea Hopper ... We'll blame Floyd for the low ranking!

lol

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

HOW THEY FAIRED MONDAY:

#1 Meigs ... Beat NY 9-3
#2 Athens ... Beat VC 14-0
#3 Southern ... beat Eastern 12-0
#4 Eastern ... Lost to Southern 12-0
#5 Alexander ... Beat Wellston 10-0
#6 Fed Hock ... Beat Trimble 8-1

(Looks like a clean sweep - considering 1 team had to lose because two of the top 6 played each other.)

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

ttt

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I'll post a week 2 ranking tomorrow after today's games are played.

Return to “Baseball”