TVC-TOP 6: AFTER WEEK TWO

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

TVC-TOP 6: AFTER WEEK TWO

Post by 93Bulldog »

As opposed to re-typing everything - THE TVC TOP 6 AFTER WEEK TWO is placed here .... http://trivalleyconference.com/Leaderboards.html

Feel free to post anything related to the TVC.

big_al3564
Riding the Bench

Re: TVC-TOP 6: AFTER WEEK TWO

Post by big_al3564 »

Nice bulldog. Hopper and I will keep ya updated.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Updates, results, information about teams ... its all greatly appreciated big_al3564.

What Southern has done thus far is down right impressive - I havn't seen this kind of domination since the Alexander girls volleyball team a few years back ... I mean, not only is the margin of victories eye catching - but its who the Tornadoes did it too that floors me ... Federal Hocking has been scoring runs and pitcher Romie Casey has been solid on the mound - yet Southern rips Casey and mercies the Lancers 10-0 ... Drew Nestor is a pretty good pitcher for Belpre - yet Southern knocks him around and beats the Golden Eagles 13-2 ... Eastern has been a descent team; same result though versus the Tornadoes ... But sweeping Gallia Academy (10-3) may be the most impressive wins of all - those wins will carry a lot of weight come tourney time.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Alexander beating Meigs tonight 8-4 sure does make things intresting.

The Spartans (8-2, 3-0 TVC-Ohio) take on Athens (7-1, 3-0 TVC-Ohio) on Thursday.

thebig29
Riding the Bench

Post by thebig29 »

Congrats To Southern If anyone else played the bronze medalists in the special olympics they could proabably be undefeated too

bhseaglex12
Riding the Bench

Post by bhseaglex12 »

Southern is a very solid team but Nestor did have 10 k's in 5 innings of work. If belpre can get their bats going, and get a better performance from Nestor at southern, I feel belpre may have a chance to split with a very good southern team

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

thebig29 wrote:Congrats To Southern If anyone else played the bronze medalists in the special olympics they could proabably be undefeated too
Not sure where your going there ... The TVC-Hocking has had a darn good showing in the last few tournaments - and with 9 league teams - it sort of handcuffs Southern in terms of who they can schedule. (16 league games total per season) ... They did sweep Gallia Academy (11-3) - hardly a 'bronze medalist in the special olympics ... They take on Alexander (8-2) for two more games on Saturday ... I'm sure when they scheduled South Webster they were expecting more from the jeeps (you just never know how good or bad a team might be from year-to-year.)

Charlie hustle
Freshman Team

Post by Charlie hustle »

thebig29 wrote:Congrats To Southern If anyone else played the bronze medalists in the special olympics they could proabably be undefeated too

I see they play Alexander in a DH Saturday. Is this what you are referring to? I am sure Southern thought Alexander would be good when they scheduled them. They had no way of knowing a head of time how they would be.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

bhseaglex12 wrote:Southern is a very solid team but Nestor did have 10 k's in 5 innings of work. If belpre can get their bats going, and get a better performance from Nestor at southern, I feel belpre may have a chance to split with a very good southern team
and gave up 13 runs. I'd be okay with coaching a team who wins 13-2 and strikes out for 2/3 of the outs.

Gallia is a pretty strong D2 ball club and that's 2 good wins for Southern, Southern is always a strong team and will continue that this year. I hope that they don't match up with Valley in the District Finals, as I could see that being a regional final this year and/or both of them having a good shot at Newark Catholic.

And the TVC Hocking has had 3 teams play in the Regional Finals in the past 2 seasons, can't really complain about that.

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

Gallia is a pretty strong D2 ball club and that's 2 good wins for Southern, Southern is always a strong team and will continue that this year. I hope that they don't match up with Valley in the District Finals, as I could see that being a regional final this year and/or both of them having a good shot at Newark Catholic.

And the TVC Hocking has had 3 teams play in the Regional Finals in the past 2 seasons, can't really complain about that.[/quote] 4 teams, dont forget fed hock. The TVC hocking is without a doubt the best d4 league in south/southeast ohio.

thebig29
Riding the Bench

Post by thebig29 »

I see they play Alexander in a DH Saturday. Is this what you are referring to? I am sure Southern thought Alexander would be good when they scheduled them. They had no way of knowing a head of time how they would be.[/quote]

If your'e tyting to say alexander is bad i dont know what your getting at they are a solid team and southern will need to be prepared saturday ( Alexander 8-3 with two one run losses)

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

So far this week:

1. Southern - beat Trimble 10-1
2. Athens - beat Nelsonville-York 12-1, beat Jackson 13-0
3. Meigs - lost to Alexander 8-4
4. Alexander - beat Meigs 8-4, lost to Warren 6-5
5. Federal Hocking - beat Waterford 10-3
6. Nelsonville-York - lost to Athens 12-1

Charlie hustle
Freshman Team

Post by Charlie hustle »

the big 29 you are the one saying Alexander is a bronze medalists of the special olympics. That is what you said about Southern's schedule and Alexander is on it twice.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Should be a pretty tough Saturday for a few teams in the top 6 ...

(1) Southern plays two games against (4) Alexander.
(2) Athens has to take on a 9-1 Sheridan team in a doubleheader on The Plains.
(5) Federal Hocking plays Morgan twice.

(NY & Meigs have the weekend off)

Return to “Baseball”