#6 Newark Catholic vs #2 Southern Regional semis

Who will advance to Regional Finals?

Poll ended at Thu May 24, 2012 8:45 pm

Total votes: 0

OldBlue
Freshman Team

Re: #6 Newark Catholic vs #2 Southern Regional semis

Post by OldBlue »

newarkcatholicfan wrote:In this economy and the way kids are transferring out of the private school and back into the public school I say it is a great accomplishment for the Private school, too.

You're kidding right? None of those athletes are leaving the system there at Newark it's the other kids that suffer. They aren't getting "scholarships" and fee waivers. Get a clue.

nice guy
Varsity

Post by nice guy »

zane trace is the last southeast district school to beat wheelersburg in the tourney. district final in 2007 by the score of 1-0 in extra innings.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

OldBlue wrote:
newarkcatholicfan wrote:In this economy and the way kids are transferring out of the private school and back into the public school I say it is a great accomplishment for the Private school, too.

You're kidding right? None of those athletes are leaving the system there at Newark it's the other kids that suffer. They aren't getting "scholarships" and fee waivers. Get a clue.
Really just a few years back I believe the baseball lost 5 starters ,who transferred out and they still make it to the final four..
So get a clue. :oops:

Charlie hustle
Freshman Team

Post by Charlie hustle »

newarkcatholicfan wrote:
OldBlue wrote:

Really just a few years back I believe the baseball lost 5 starters ,who transferred out and they still make it to the final four..
So get a clue. :oops:

I think most people have a clue. Did you have a player from PA a few years back? Private schools can control their enrollment and public schools can't. If they really want a fair playing field make private schools D1.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

That's probably not gonna happen ... I've always said just bump them up one division ... It may help a little - although, the Newark Cathloic team I watched Thursday was better than any Division II team I seen play this year in Southeastern Ohio.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

I think most people have a clue. Did you have a player from PA a few years back? Private schools can control their enrollment and public schools can't. If they really want a fair playing field make private schools D1.[/quote]

Ask Gils he has ties to the school I am only a fan who went to a public school.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

I think all public schools who have open enrollment should be moved up to D-1 too. :lol:

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

newarkcatholicfan wrote:I think all public schools who have open enrollment should be moved up to D-1 too. :lol:
Open enrollment can also hurt you newarkcatholicfan ... I sat with a certain athletic director the other day at a little league game and discussed this very subject ... There are close to 40 kids that come to Athens that don't live in the district and none of them play sports ... Academics, close ties and proximity to Ohio University and some other reasons was stated as the reason why they choose to go to Athens.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

93 - You gonna play that card, you have got to mention Athens and their selective map drawing for their school district. You have one side of far side of E. State Street that is nothing but apartments cut out of the Athens school district and placed in Fed Hock, right across the road, was a huge business that was mapped into Athens SD for the taxes. Of course, the business relocated, tore everything down, and left a toxic waste dump, so Athens SD now has unusable land for a tax base. Karma is a beoch. LOL! JK.

I bet at least 25% of those 40 kids live on Hope Drive....... Let's be honest here. Why make your kid ride 25 minutes on a school bus to FH or Amesville when they can ride 5 minutes to the school in Athens. Come on now........

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Yea, I am far from the expert on that situation Steely Dan - I just repested what was told to me.

implantcat
Riding the Bench

Post by implantcat »

I'm sure that all of the kids that go there are good kids, I also know that like the smaller Div. collage schools that very good athletes come there on an "academic" scholarship? beside the OHSAA is to busy dividing up the larger school so that the small D1 schools have a chance to win something.

Return to “Baseball”