Tourney Draw

jinks
Freshman Team

Re: Tourney Draw

Post by jinks »

I understand the time has been changed to 2:00. Thank you to anyone, especially Miller, who made this happen. And to Mr. Athens, last year we had a decent record and still had to travel to a team with the same record. It seems like St. Joseph always gets the short end. I am sure it is due to not being affliated with a conference. Considering most of the games we have played are against D-3 schools, and missing 2 weeks of play and practice with a complete team (due to a school trip), I think we have done quite well. Good luck Flyers!

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

I'd say no matter what time it is this won't be played with the rain coming in Friday afternoon and over night plus 60% chance on Saturday. I'd say they will be able to sleep in.

86LancerLover
Freshman Team

Post by 86LancerLover »

The Flying Dutchman wrote:Prom or no prom no team should have to travel 100 miles for a 11am tournament game. Common sense at some point should come into play but not with the OHSAA or posters like you.

OHSAA does not set the times or the dates. Another misinformed poster!

86LancerLover
Freshman Team

Post by 86LancerLover »

highflyer wrote:I understand the time has been changed to 2:00. Thank you to anyone, especially Miller, who made this happen. And to Mr. Athens, last year we had a decent record and still had to travel to a team with the same record. It seems like St. Joseph always gets the short end. I am sure it is due to not being affliated with a conference. Considering most of the games we have played are against D-3 schools, and missing 2 weeks of play and practice with a complete team (due to a school trip), I think we have done quite well. Good luck Flyers!

Maybe you should speak to the Pope about this? Seems like he could help you in this situation.

The Flying Dutchman
Varsity

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

That's cute, D-bag

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

TheBarlowBandit wrote:
The Flying Dutchman wrote:Prom or no prom no team should have to travel 100 miles for a 11am tournament game. Common sense at some point should come into play but not with the OHSAA or posters like you.

OHSAA does not set the times or the dates. Another misinformed poster!

Hello pot.

jinks
Freshman Team

Post by jinks »

The people at Miller were great. However, no team should have to drive over 100 miles for a first round game to a field with no bleachers, no concessions, no scoreboard, no loud speakers, and only 1 Johnny on the Spot. If a host team cannot provide better facilities, then play the game elsewhere.

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

Did they even get the game in?

jinks
Freshman Team

Post by jinks »

Miller won 4-1. Very good game 1-1 into the 6th. Good pitching and fielding on both sides. Good officiating. Nice clean game, good luck Miller!

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Don't want to travel a hundred miles, get the higher seed! Miller earned the right to play a home game you did not.

jinks
Freshman Team

Post by jinks »

Agreed, but should the "powers that be" at least demand that adequate bathroom facilities be provided? If a team travels with 20 on a bus, another 50 or so fans there should at least be a place to use the bathroom after a 100 mile trip. They could still play somewhere in the vicinity of the home team. Sometimes I wonder if St.Joseph were to go undefeated if we would still get a top seed. But for a school with 100 students 7-12, we travel better than most schools. We usually have more fans than the home team.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

highflyer wrote:Agreed, but should the "powers that be" at least demand that adequate bathroom facilities be provided? If a team travels with 20 on a bus, another 50 or so fans there should at least be a place to use the bathroom after a 100 mile trip. They could still play somewhere in the vicinity of the home team. Sometimes I wonder if St.Joseph were to go undefeated if we would still get a top seed. But for a school with 100 students 7-12, we travel better than most schools. We usually have more fans than the home team.
2006, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011 all had St. Joe's with a home game and multiple times they were the top overall seed. Two years ago they were 4-3 at the tournament draw (next lowest was 12, then 17), how does that happen?

And just because you have better fans doesn't mean you get a home game. Win more games and you get a home game. You can't honestly expect a 2-9 team to get a home game over a 5-10 team or 6-9 team, can you?

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

highflyer wrote:Agreed, but should the "powers that be" at least demand that adequate bathroom facilities be provided? If a team travels with 20 on a bus, another 50 or so fans there should at least be a place to use the bathroom after a 100 mile trip. They could still play somewhere in the vicinity of the home team. Sometimes I wonder if St.Joseph were to go undefeated if we would still get a top seed. But for a school with 100 students 7-12, we travel better than most schools. We usually have more fans than the home team.
There are plenty of restrooms at fast food joints, gas stations, etc. to use between Ironton and Perry County. Use one before you get to the game and then after. There are a lot of schools that just have a port-a-potty or less at their baseball/softball fields.

The Flying Dutchman
Varsity

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Danicalifornia, To answer your question on 4-3, every other year the ISJ students go to Europe on a school trip and being a Catholic school we are encourage by the Diocese not to play from Holy Thursday until after Easter. As far as anything else tournament wise put us and Green where we belong and we would be happy.

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

Seems crazy that peebles glenwood winner plays two tourney games in the same day........... is this a misprint?

cobbtown
Freshman Team

Post by cobbtown »

The Sectional final at Fairfield has been pushed back a day, to accommodate the postponed game between Peebles and Glenwood.

Host schools need to do everything possible to get the assigned games in, the ripple effect of bumping game schedules can cause bigger issues down the line.

This game should have been played by now, it looks like everyone else was able to make it happen.

Return to “Baseball”