Who will win the TVC-Hocking? - POLL

lauriegrove
Waterboy

Who will win the TVC-Hocking? - POLL

Post by lauriegrove »

Southern - Lost a lot of talent due to the graduation of Ramthun and Pape. Also no Coach Lemley this year. May struggle pitching wise. Still probably has a chance to be competitive though, returning Deem, Johnson, and Drummer. Could compete for the league championship.
Eastern - Lost A LOT of talent due to graduation. Graduated 7 or 8 seniors I believe. Probably will fall to the bottom of the league. Returning Speelman.
Wahama - Not 100% sure how many they graduated but usually a pretty competitive squad. Returning Roush and Bradley. May also be able to compete for the league championship.
Trimble - Hardly lost anybody from last season. Pretty solid squad all around. This team will compete for the TVC title. Returning Brammer.
Fed Hock - Lost Casey, Mayle, Coen, and others to graduation. Hostottle transferred to Belpre. No more Coach Rocky. They return Rose, Baker, and Maxey. Also will have freshmen pitcher Hoffman who can throw some gas.
Belpre - Returns all 3 All-TVC selections (Simoniette, H. Plummer, and Epperly). Lost one senior who will be replaced by Fed Hock transfer Chayse Hostottle. Key pickups are Logan Plummer, Chayse Hostottle, Tyler Andermanis, Brennen Ferrell, and Nick Therriault. Will put together one of the best bullpens around with returning left-handed first team all-district selection Mike Simoniette; followed in the rotation by Chayse Hostottle, Tavian Miller, and Hayden Plummer. Will compete for league championship.
Waterford - Lost a lot of talent due to graduation of Patterson and Moore. Although they pickup 2 great freshmen ballplayers in Isaac Huffman and Clay Hayes. I predict the same record as last year for this team, but watch out for this team over the next few years.
Miller - Expect the same season as last year.
South Gallia - Expect the same season as last year.
Last edited by lauriegrove on Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:59 pm, edited 9 times in total.

The Enforcer
SEO

Re: Who will win the TVC-Hocking? (Read TVC-Hocking 2014)

Post by The Enforcer »

I'll take Trimble in a close one

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

I'll take Southern until someone knocks them off. The league is down a bit this year imo.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

In the TVC-Hocking sometimes it comes down to pitching - and pitching match-ups ... So many league games and you just never know (until the season starts) when you're going to get hit with 2 and sometimes 3 tough opponents in one week. Having 2 solid pitchers is darn near a priority in the Hocking.

I love what the 'Cats have coming back and they would be my pre-season favorite ... but don't count out Wahama with Bradley on the hill - and Wesley Harrison and Kane Roush in the line-up.
Southern is a bit of a question mark minus coach Lemley and a lot of starters gone from last year. But it is Southern - so who knows.
Federal Hocking will have Crum on the hill once or twice a week - and I'm anxious to see what Hoffman can do as a freshmen. They probably shouldn't be counted out just yet.
Eastern? Always strong.
I see some folks talking up Belpre as well.

Goodness gracious - this thing may come down to the last week - and the league champ may have 3, 4 or even 5 league losses.

lauriegrove
Waterboy

Post by lauriegrove »

93Bulldog wrote:In the TVC-Hocking sometimes it comes down to pitching - and pitching match-ups ... So many league games and you just never know (until the season starts) when you're going to get hit with 2 and sometimes 3 tough opponents in one week. Having 2 solid pitchers is darn near a priority in the Hocking.

I love what the 'Cats have coming back and they would be my pre-season favorite ... but don't count out Wahama with Bradley on the hill - and Wesley Harrison and Kane Roush in the line-up.
Southern is a bit of a question mark minus coach Lemley and a lot of starters gone from last year. But it is Southern - so who knows.
Federal Hocking will have Crum on the hill once or twice a week - and I'm anxious to see what Hoffman can do as a freshmen. They probably shouldn't be counted out just yet.
Eastern? Always strong.
I see some folks talking up Belpre as well.

Goodness gracious - this thing may come down to the last week - and the league champ may have 3, 4 or even 5 league losses.
Crum will not be playing baseball this year from my understandings. Eastern graduated 7 maybe 8 seniors. Belpre will have the pitching that you're talking about, 93Bulldog. Simoniette, Hostottle, Miller, and Plummer. 4 VERY solid pitchers, who I would guess will all pitch the league games. In no way should anyone expect to see the team Belpre was last year.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: Who will win the TVC-Hocking?

Post by 93Bulldog »

I got confirmation today that Crum is playing.

Hostottle is a nice add by Belpre - that kid can flat out play.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I go down to the Shriners in Belpre on Monday nights EaglePride during the spring - I will stop by and see the Golden Eagles a few times if they are playing at home that night.

lauriegrove
Waterboy

Post by lauriegrove »

93Bulldog wrote:I go down to the Shriners in Belpre on Monday nights EaglePride during the spring - I will stop by and see the Golden Eagles a few times if they are playing at home that night.
Sounds great!! Look forward to seeing you there!

morgeen
Riding the Bench

Re: Who will win the TVC-Hocking? - POLL

Post by morgeen »

Tomcats

bhseaglex12
Riding the Bench

Post by bhseaglex12 »

Belpre will be tough to beat this year with the amount of pitchers they have. The key for belpre however, and it seems that they struggle with this every other season, is making the routine plays. Ive watched belpre play many times in the past 6 or 7 seasons and it seems that they are always one play away from winning games. I believe the nestor kid who played for belpre a few years ago had 15 or 16 K's against eastern in 9 innings and the eagles lost on a ground ball error. If coach mullins can stop that from happening, belpre will be a VERY tough oppenent for anybody in the Hocking and even some teams outside the league. GO EAGLES!!

lauriegrove
Waterboy

Post by lauriegrove »

With Belpre's starting lineup they defeated a very tough St. Mary's team in a scrimmage yesterday. After Belpre put their non-starters in St. Mary's went on their run. With that said, Belpre's starting line-up with Simoniette on the mound looks very solid and hard to beat.

Return to “Baseball”