All League, District & State?

KVDW
SE

Re: All League, District & State?

Post by KVDW »

BlindWhiteHat wrote:So it is not ok for a coach to address something a parent says on here
too bad you don't understand the difference in an adult coach "addressing" something an adult parent says and belittling them and calling them names.... but then i guess it's to be expected from someone like you.

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

The most negative poster on the site comes back with yet another shot at someone.

It would be nice if you would find somewhere else to bash people besides a kids' website.

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

Kvdw and bigmamma are always negative but spin it to being someone else's fault. Typical society.
Obviously you can't argue with them. This topic is like a fish out of water. Lots of flip flop round but gets no where
Maybe your boy needs to work harder ,summer, fall, n winter.

Charge
Varsity

Post by Charge »

Baseball is a numbers game and it should be easy to pick the best. Just look at the numbers but yet we read of kids with outstanding numbers left off for kids with less numbers. Coaches with better records getting snubbed. Come on these are post season awards, not to give them to the people with the best numbers is screwing the people that really earned them. These are not participation awards to spread around, just give them to the best players and coaches that earned them. To do other wise cheapens the awards.

baseball16
All State

Post by baseball16 »

So a kid that hits .450 for burg should be MVP (even though they prob are still 24-2 with him bat .350) compared to a kid that hits .450 for west and team would not finish near the top if he didn't have kind of yr he had. I am just use an example so KVdm and Bigmamma can relax.
In 1937, Lou gehrig batted .351, had 37 hrs, 159 rbi's but lost MVP award to Charlie gehringer of tigers who hit .371, 14 hr, and 96 RBI. Guess what people, it happens.
I Am done beat a dead horse.
MLB there r all star snubs every yr. just watch sportscenter

Charge
Varsity

Post by Charge »

MLB there r all star snubs every yr. just watch sportscenter

These are high school kids that don't have 15 years like major league players. If a kid that is a senior gets snubbed there is no next year to make it right. My point is I read on another thread that players with high averages were left off for players barely batting .250. This shouldn't happen. A kid with good numbers on a good team tells me that kid got those good numbers more than likely facing everyone's ace. So that makes it pretty impressive to me.

crazymidgets
All Conference

Post by crazymidgets »

I just dont buy into the numbers game. In high school baseball if a sub .500 team is playing say the best team in their league they wont throw their best pitcher always, they will save him for a team they think they can beat (wins are at a premium for seeding), and also the best team will save their ace as well or only throw him for a few innings just to get work. Thats why you have to go to the coaches because they have the best idea of who the top players are. Just because a team wins a league doesnt mean they have the best player they could have the best collection of players, or the deepest pitching staff. You have to look at who the batter was hitting in each game to make sense out of a hitter batting say .400, did he get those hits on a weekend double header when both teams were saving their pitchers or when they were going against the top pitchers in the league. I have seen guys go o'fer against the top pitchers in the league but hit the crap out of the lower rung and get mvp of the league so is that right. Numbers dont always tell you the story.

DreamTeam
Waterboy

Post by DreamTeam »

When does the All-State teams come out?

Charge
Varsity

Post by Charge »

I have seen coaches not even put up the best players off their own team before. I have seen kids on the same team with lower averages get put up over kids with higher averages. I say the numbers tell the story a little better than the coaches do sometimes. It happens every year, I bet it has happened this year too.

crazymidgets
All Conference

Post by crazymidgets »

the key word to your rebuttle is sometimes. You have to think though the coaches scout the other teams learning weaknesses and strengths they know who they can pitch to and who they cant.there is always an exception to the rule thats just normal and who knows why a player is skipped over or not, leadership or lack of it? You have to ask the coach and he is the one with the answers so again it comes back to the coaches who are the only ones who really knows. Do you pick a batter who is batting .430 but when the games on the line is in the tank over a hitter who is hitting .390 but comes through over and over again. Its not as cut and dry as you want to think.

baseball16
All State

Post by baseball16 »

crazymidgets wrote:the key word to your rebuttle is sometimes. You have to think though the coaches scout the other teams learning weaknesses and strengths they know who they can pitch to and who they cant.there is always an exception to the rule thats just normal and who knows why a player is skipped over or not, leadership or lack of it? You have to ask the coach and he is the one with the answers so again it comes back to the coaches who are the only ones who really knows. Do you pick a batter who is batting .430 but when the games on the line is in the tank over a hitter who is hitting .390 but comes through over and over again. Its not as cut and dry as you want to think.
Thank you crazymid.

People need to realize Life's unfair. Get over it, move on. Strive to be the best next year.

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

baseball16 wrote: I am just use an example so KVdm and Bigmamma can relax.
here's where you are making your big mistake, bb16. you see, i don't really give a big rat's patooty who got what award. for the most part, it has been a big joke for a lot of years now anyway.

(although i don't believe in not giving a coach, player or a team a deserved award simply because they have won it several times before and little jimmy has never got one).

i don't know a single kid OR coach on a single team out there so you can stop with that route. .

what i don't understand (or believe) is what would posses a LEGITIMATE high school coach to get on a site like this and argue with a parent and call them names..... making themselves look childish and their school look foolish.

THAT'S what i don't get. you can argue with somebody else about who got what award.

PS... you can stop sending me PMs anytime now, too. if you have something to say, say it on here.

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

baseball16 wrote:

People need to realize Life's unfair. Get over it, move on. Strive to be the best next year.
yes, life IS unfair. this is a perfect example of it..... and people like you are the reason why.

"strive to be the best next year"......... yeah, and get screwed again next year.

as Charge said, for a lot of these kids, there IS no "next year". :(

in fact, if i had an (alleged) coach like you, i wouldn't even play next year. :122246

baseball16
All State

Post by baseball16 »

Post where I called a person a name.
Quit spinning things to make you look like you are the victim.
Last edited by baseball16 on Sun May 27, 2012 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

KVDW, let it go bro. Obviously you have a vendetta against this coach. Were you the one that was left off list?
Better luck next year. Or not.wow. :mad: :lol:

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

Regulator wrote:KVDW, let it go bro. Obviously you have a vendetta against this coach. Were you the one that was left off list?
apparently you don't read too well....or at all.

from my post at 4:22 PM:
"i don't know a single kid OR coach on a single team out there so you can stop with that route. ."

(obviously you have a personal relationship with this coach). :mrgreen:

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

KVDW wrote:
Regulator wrote:KVDW, let it go bro. Obviously you have a vendetta against this coach. Were you the one that was left off list?
apparently you don't read too well....or at all.

from my post at 4:22 PM:
"i don't know a single kid OR coach on a single team out there so you can stop with that route. ."

(obviously you have a personal relationship with this coach). :mrgreen:

Yep, he's my brother. Lol
No not really. I've known coach since his days of south Webster.
I don't read posts that have no meaning towards topic.
I will try and redirect it back to that.
All league and all district is out, congrats to all who made it.
All state usually comes out during state tourney.

Side note. Good luck to wburg next fri at state tourney.

crazymidgets
All Conference

Post by crazymidgets »

pretty strange posts on this thread lol lot

burgbacker
Riding the Bench

Post by burgbacker »

I guess I started all of the bickering. I think as far as players go, the coaches get it right most of the time. It's definitely as much art as it science in weighing stats/competition/skill. What I still don't understand is how Coach Estep at Wheelersburg didn't get SOC or District COY?

Gib25
Varsity

Post by Gib25 »

Athens got 5 players on the All-TVC Ohio team.. Chris Ford, Jacob Schriner, Austin Howard, Casey Grimm, and Alex Staron. Chris Ford was named the co-offensive player of the year.. He hit .522 with 34 RBI's, 24 stolen bases and 5 homeruns. He was 3-1 with 3 saves on the mound.

Return to “Baseball”