2024 Ironton Fighting Tigers

RBH23
SE

Re: 2024 Ironton Fighting Tigers

Post by RBH23 »

Larry Fine wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 2:20 pm
RBH23 wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 12:40 pm
mustard wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 12:25 pm :lol: ...look like burg got those ironton apartments too... :lol:
If they do, no transfers have yet moved into them for 2024 season.

No transfers yet nor any rumors of transfers.
You sure did benefit from the recruit you got last year.
And this site about melted down over Burg’s one transfer. LOL!!

Larry Fine
Freshman Team

Post by Larry Fine »

RBH23 wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 2:57 pm
RBH23 wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 12:40 pm

If they do, no transfers have yet moved into them for 2024 season.

No transfers yet nor any rumors of transfers.
Ironton catches hell too , take that kid off Burg last year 😳

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

Larry Fine wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 3:12 pm
RBH23 wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 2:57 pm

Ironton catches hell too , take that kid off Burg last year 😳
And Burg finishes with the exact same record.

Now his impact on basketball was significant. Burg doesn’t accomplish what they did without him on the bball team.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

The actual game is played on the football field. Transfers or not the scoreboard only has the score for the team that. This transfer this and that by each team or not is way passed old. If you want to discuss that meet up at a bar drink and talk your nonsense. Most people can careless. Players play the game and the excuses continue from losers who do not play on the field.

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

farmer wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 4:33 pm The actual game is played on the football field. Transfers or not the scoreboard only has the score for the team that. This transfer this and that by each team or not is way passed old. If you want to discuss that meet up at a bar drink and talk your nonsense. Most people can careless. Players play the game and the excuses continue from losers who do not play on the field.
Completely agree.

I have always stated that Pendleton is smart to bring in talent that he needs to compete; losing with Ironton homegrown talent isn’t going to keep him employed.

And now that IHS is independent, he needs to ramp up the transfers.

LockHerUp
Freshman Team

Post by LockHerUp »

Wrong once again RBH23...
For the umpteenth time, the claim that Ironton's homegrown talent is subpar is flat out wrong. Carrico, Carter, Carpenter, Hacker, Barnes (among many others) were entirely homegrown and were really good to great high school football players.
You burgers fail to comprehend that kids from Green, East, Minford, Portsmouth, Ironton, South Webster, and Ashland are - by definition - not wheelersburg kids. Stop kidding yourselves.

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

LockHerUp wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 8:51 pm Wrong once again RBH23...
For the umpteenth time, the claim that Ironton's homegrown talent is subpar is flat out wrong. Carrico, Carter, Carpenter, Hacker, Barnes (among many others) were entirely homegrown and were really good to great high school football players.
You burgers fail to comprehend that kids from Green, East, Minford, Portsmouth, Ironton, South Webster, and Ashland are - by definition - not wheelersburg kids. Stop kidding yourselves.
I never said their homegrown talent was subpar. I said that Pendleton can’t win with just that level of talent. Reading comprehension is important!

As for Burg, Burg has a middle of the pack CB compared to other SOC teams. And when considering team size, Burg’s CB % is far lower than nearly all other SOC schools. Basic math is important as well!

Larry Fine
Freshman Team

Post by Larry Fine »

RBH23 wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 10:34 pm
I never said their homegrown talent was subpar. I said that Pendleton can’t win with just that level of talent. Reading comprehension is important!

As for Burg, Burg has a middle of the pack CB compared to other SOC teams. And when considering team size, Burg’s CB % is far lower than nearly all other SOC schools. Basic math is important as well!
Burg has a lot of the better athletes in the area move in while in junior high or before.

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

Larry Fine wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 7:44 am
RBH23 wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 10:34 pm

Burg has a lot of the better athletes in the area move in while in junior high or before.
Not true either.

Example: Burg softball and baseball are currently #1 in the state. Check their rosters and you’ll find kids who have been at Burg since kindergarten.

I know everyone wants to believe Burg’s success is due to stealing talent from other schools, but that’s simply not the case.

LockHerUp
Freshman Team

Post by LockHerUp »

RBH23, if Pendleton leaves and Ironton hires a good coach who doesn't get all the transfers - they would still have the talent to win. There is not a shortage of talent regarding our homegrown kids. Many burg posters have said and implied otherwise.
You guys rationalize away the fact that many of your kids from neighboring districts are not "homegrown", as you say they are. You have had numerous kids from outside your district contribute to your success.
For the record, I admit that Ironton gets transfers - and I'm not comfortable with it. But, that's just me.

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

LockHerUp wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 9:48 am RBH23, if Pendleton leaves and Ironton hires a good coach who doesn't get all the transfers - they would still have the talent to win. There is not a shortage of talent regarding our homegrown kids. Many burg posters have said and implied otherwise.
You guys rationalize away the fact that many of your kids from neighboring districts are not "homegrown", as you say they are. You have had numerous kids from outside your district contribute to your success.
For the record, I admit that Ironton gets transfers - and I'm not comfortable with it. But, that's just me.
Ironton could absolutely win, but the school is shrinking and not what it was in their glory days. However a top shelf coach could do wonders with IHS’ talent. And who knows, maybe Pendleton’s coaching will finally come around.

The “Burg benefits so much from those outside the district” is extremely overstated. Burg’s success is far less about talent (they’ve only had one college power 5 football player ever) and more about culture and coaching.

First, Burg’s state title in 1989 came with zero outside the district and zero transfers. In fact, during the 70’s and 80’s (considered some of Burg’s best teams) the district had closed borders and rarely had transfers.

Second, Burg’s CB number as a % of their team is on the low end compared to other SOC schools. And the total CB is currently middle of the pack for the SOC. In other words, other schools in the SOC get as many or even more border players than Burg, but these schools just don’t have the same success. Hence why no one talks about their CB numbers.

Third, over the past ten years, Burg has had quite a few transfers out of their program; as many or even more than those that transfer in. Burg has had zero in-coming transfers that played football at the next level, but they have lost players to other schools who went on to play college football.

Under Pendleton, IHS has been more of a “go outside the district and get players we need” while Burg approach has remained the same “develop what we have and rely on culture, tradition, and coaching.” Neither is wrong, just where both programs currently are.

TigersGameDayFan
JV Team

Post by TigersGameDayFan »

RBH23 wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 1:54 pm
LockHerUp wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 9:48 am RBH23, if Pendleton leaves and Ironton hires a good coach who doesn't get all the transfers - they would still have the talent to win. There is not a shortage of talent regarding our homegrown kids. Many burg posters have said and implied otherwise.
Ironton could absolutely win, but the school is shrinking and not what it was in their glory days. However a top shelf coach could do wonders with IHS’ talent. And who knows, maybe Pendleton’s coaching will finally come around.

The “Burg benefits so much from those outside the district” is extremely overstated. Burg’s success is far less about talent (they’ve only had one college power 5 football player ever) and more about culture and coaching.

First, Burg’s state title in 1989 came with zero outside the district and zero transfers. In fact, during the 70’s and 80’s (considered some of Burg’s best teams) the district had closed borders and rarely had transfers.

Second, Burg’s CB number as a % of their team is on the low end compared to other SOC schools. And the total CB is currently middle of the pack for the SOC. In other words, other schools in the SOC get as many or even more border players than Burg, but these schools just don’t have the same success. Hence why no one talks about their CB numbers.

Third, over the past ten years, Burg has had quite a few transfers out of their program; as many or even more than those that transfer in. Burg has had zero in-coming transfers that played football at the next level, but they have lost players to other schools who went on to play college football.

Under Pendleton, IHS has been more of a “go outside the district and get players we need” while Burg approach has remained the same “develop what we have and rely on culture, tradition, and coaching.” Neither is wrong, just where both programs currently are.
"Third, over the past ten years, Burg has had quite a few transfers out of their program; as many or even more than those that transfer in. Burg has had zero in-coming transfers that played football at the next level, but they have lost players to other schools who went on to play college football."

Could you provide a list of the transfers? Just curious to know if this statement can be backed up with factual information or if this is just a whistle blowing statement. Thanks in advance. :)

T-I-G-E-R-S
ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Congratulations to 3 Fighting Tigers on receiving an offer from the University of Kentucky today.

2026 - OL/DL - Caleb Jacobs

2027 - WR/QB/DB/ATH - Kayden Edwards

2028 - OL/DL - Luka Silva

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

No excuses

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Just heard Ironton will be getting at least three 8th graders (current 7th graders) from Minford who play both football and basketball. Could be another 1-2 more transfers as well. Rich keep getting richer.

As for Minford, some real lean years talent-wise on the horizon as these were their best athletes at junior high level.*

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

TigersGameDayFan wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 2:59 pm
RBH23 wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 1:54 pm

"Third, over the past ten years, Burg has had quite a few transfers out of their program; as many or even more than those that transfer in. Burg has had zero in-coming transfers that played football at the next level, but they have lost players to other schools who went on to play college football."

Could you provide a list of the transfers? Just curious to know if this statement can be backed up with factual information or if this is just a whistle blowing statement. Thanks in advance. :)
Incoming: Lattimore transferred from Portsmouth. Before him, was Gregg from Ashland. Wilson from Ironton. Lowry from Portsmouth.

Outdoing: Salyers to Ironton. Masters to Ironton. Sanderlin to Portsmouth. One other kid to Portsmouth who I don’t recall his name (I believe Maxie).

So over a seven year period, that’s four in and four out. Would have to do some serious research to look back further, but anecdotally, this is what I personally saw when at Burg. A few come in, a few go out. Overall, it’s a wash.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Two year ago when Ironton got throttled in the final, Keyes, Perkins and Felder were probably 75% of their offense. Take them three away and what "Homegrown" talent replaces them?

Sure, they have homegrown kids but without those three they probably barely win 4 games.

If he can win with what he has, why does he continue to bring kids in?

IrontonTigers#1
Freshman Team

Post by IrontonTigers#1 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 12:15 am
Two year ago when Ironton got throttled in the final, Keyes, Perkins and Felder were probably 75% of their offense. Take them three away and what "Homegrown" talent replaces them?

Sure, they have homegrown kids but without those three they probably barely win 4 games.

I Disagree the with what you say about that team. Because that team was loaded with Ironton raised talent.

GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, HOOK'EM HORNS, HOW 'BOUT THEM COWBOYS
ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Maybe you should ask the parents why they are bringing their kids to Ironton.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

IrontonTigers#1 wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 5:14 am

I Disagree the with what you say about that team. Because that team was loaded with Ironton raised talent.

Who??? Maybe some lineman or some defensive guys but those three were Ironton's offense that year. I would bet that say on a 15 play drive, those three touched the ball 12-13 times.

Do you really believe that without them Ironton has the kind of season they had?? Come on man!!!!!

Return to “Football”